CHAPTER 5

Namjoon's POV

Every week, I received a bouquet and a letter. It had become an important part of my life. I was anxiously waiting for the letters and, sometimes, when the delivery was late, I sensed sadness in me.

I couldn't sleep. The letters kept me up all night. The poems touched my heart in ways that I did not even know were possible. I had never thought I would be able to understand my own heart as well as I did now. The words completely captured the way I felt and summed it up in the most eloquent of ways.

Who wrote this?

I asked myself daily. I could not wait to find out.

"To my dear Joonie oppa,

I carry your heart with me
(I carry it in my heart),
I am never without it
(anywhere I go you go, my dear; and whatever is done by only me is your doing, my darling)
I fear no fate
(for you are my fate, my sweet),
I want no world
(for beautiful you are my world, my true),
It's you are whatever a moon has always meant, and whatever a sun will always sing is you.
Here is the deepest secret nobody knows (here is the root of the root and the bud of the bud and the sky of a tree called life, which grows higher than soul can hope, or mind can hide),
and this is the wonder that's keeping the stars apart.
I carry your heart
(I carry it in my heart),
Forever~

Lots of love,
K.H."

These letters were a miracle. I wondered if the person who wrote them would be too. I decided to find her on my own. I asked the delivery guy about the haulage. He knew nothing about the sender. The person just gave him a jingle before the delivery.

"What number does she call you from?" I eyed him intensely.

He showed me the number, despite it being confidential information. I talked to my manager to look into this matter. Day and night, I craved for the revelation.

♡♡♡♡
The man who had millions of fans himself had become a fan of an ordinary girl in a few days.

****

Hanum's POV

I was sure that oppa did not like me at all. That was why I wanted to draw his attention.
A renowned model, a big name, dignity, money, and glamour. That was everybody's burning aspiration. I could never understand why he never became enamored.

I went to see him, but he was not there. Jimin oppa told me that he wanted to spend his vacations in a secluded environment.

I knew where he was. There was only one place in this world where he felt most peaceful.

Of course, his eomma's house, in Ilsan-gu! I would find him there!

Habitually, I wore a mask and put a bucket hat on my head, stopping by at a flower shop to buy a bouquet for him. I selected the flowers myself on the spur of the moment, when I caught sight of some gift cards lying on the table inside.

“Who wrote these?” I asked the shopkeeper.

“She has written all this,” the shopkeeper replied, pointing to the girl who was wrapping my bouquet.

“Did you compose these yourself?"

The girl nodded.

"Will you write some for me?"

She remained silent.

"I'll give you whatever you want." I needed her, so I was forcing her to work for me.

"All I need is money to pay for my brother's treatment," she replied after a momentary pause.

I gave her quite a huge amount— money was not a problem for me— telling the girl that, every week, she had to deliver a fresh bouquet, plus one of the beautiful love poems engraved on the cards, to the address which I granted her. I felt hopeful.

I informed her about the other details as well, and I asked her to write the initials of my name.

"But this has to be top-secret,” I said abruptly. She nodded.

**************
Poem: I Carry Your Heart With Me (I Carry It In) by E.E. Cummings♡