Chapter 4: First Smile

1 year ago.
Chang'an: imperial palace.
Mei xing and Yan xun.

Today was the lantern festival everyone in the palace was celebrating. Even the ice cold princess was smiling and preparing for the festival.

"Bing Qing, hurry bring my clothes." Mei xing yelled. The maids all smiled knowing their master was happy. In their years of serving her. They knew how much her sister's death took a toll on her.

So naturally they would be happy if she is happy. Seeing her smile made them feel contented. Their mistress really had a wonderful smile.

Their princess was a beauty no one can compete with. Back when her sister was alive they both were the fair maidens it Chang'an. Now she was the only one.

She had black hair as black as midnight, a pointed nose, rosy red lips and dark blue eyes. She was simply too beautiful and anything she wore was more beautiful. Bing Qing hurried to her mistress's clothes.

Mei xing decided to wear a pink hanfu. Styling her hair as simple as possible. After approving her looks she turned and twirled for her maids.

Hanfu

Hanfu

Hairstyle

Hairstyle

"Our gōngzhǔ, is the fairest of them all." Ting yi said coming in with a piece of paper. Mei xing laughed.

"Ting yi you have to say that or else I might cut of your head." She said taking the paper form Ting yi.

"gōngzhǔ, your beauty is incomparable so how can I lie. gōngzhǔ, will you accept the offer?" Ting yi asked.

Mei xing nodded her head. It's the lantern festival her favorite festival so why get angry over little things. The maids all stared at their mistress in shock.

"Shènme?" She asked.

"gōngzhǔ, you just said ok to lord Yan xun's invite. I thought you hated him?" Bing Qing couldn't help but ask.

Mei xing laughed at her maids. "I don't hate him. He's not a bad guy." She said. "Yang ni, are my brothers coming?" She asked one of her maids.

"shì gōngzhǔ." Yang ni answered. Mei xing nodded her head before sitting to enjoy her book. After all the festival doesn't start until seven.