Chapter 51

Monday, the start of Foundation Week, Eli and Lizzie brought an extra clothes just in case they were allowed not to wear their uniforms. But Lizzie is fine with wearing her uniform. First time that she wore it and she was excited wearing it.

"Ganda ng bebe ko. Serious tingnan, haha", Dex teased her and Lizzie hugged Dex, pinching his back a little.

"You're kulit too Dada", she said

"haha. Nakakurot ka naman agad bebe. Eh bagay sayo ang uniform mo. You look like a serious student talaga", Dex teased her again.

"I'm a serious student Dada. During recess, hahaha", sagot na ni Lizzie na nakikipagkulitan sa Dada nya.

"Ah, mini-me nga kita. Favorite ko din recess eh, haha", natatawang sabi nya.

Eli and Aira can't help but smile. Then they were hurrying up when the service honked at the gate.

Some of their service mates were also wearing uniforms. The school didn't announce anything about not wearing the uniform.

They understood why, when they all gathered in the assembly hall of the school. It started with a Thanksgiving mass and a program to formally open the foundation week. Then that's when they announced that starting Tuesday until Friday, those who are not joining the contest can be in free-style.

They proceeded to the school grounds for special dance presentation of selected students. Lizzie and Kyron joined their classmates watching the beautiful and graceful dancers.

'You should dance also Lizzie", Kyron told her.

"haha. I rather have a karate demonstration", Lizzie laughed. She cannot see herself dancing that way.

After that, Lizzie, Kyron and Pora were going around the main campus, visiting booths and the usual small booths for souvenirs and food.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

"Eli", Gelo called Eli when he was returning to their classroom.

"Hi!", Eli greeted him

"Our teacher told me to put your name as alternate during quiz bee", Gelo told him

"Ok. When will that be? I am joining the on-the-spot drawing contest", Eli said.

"it's ok. Quiz bee will be the last contest. Friday morning", he said and Eli nodded as both of them went to their classroom.

There was a festive mood inside the school grounds. There we booths that were being constructed by teachers and students. There were also invitations to attend several special program and show within the campus.

"Here's Gelo and Eli", Kayla called their names. Eli and Gelo joined them.

"We're going to review for the quiz bee", Kayla said. She, Mariz, Gelo and Bill were top of the class. Last year, Eli was fourth and the most improved student. He didn't want to be labelled as top of the class because it was giving pressure on him.

"I'm just an alternate", Eli said

'yes, but you can join us so that you know the mechanics of the contest", Kayla said.

"Who's the other one? I thought it's a group of 5?", Eli asked

"Anjenica was the other one but she's not coming today, so please join us Eli. Mr. Yang will be coaching us", Kayla said and Eli liked that. Mr. Yang is one of his favourite teachers.

He joined them and actually enjoyed the practice. Mr. Yang challenged them in science and he was happy that he can answer him.

"I think Eli must be included not as an alternate. He was very good in science", Mr Yang told them. Kayla and Gelo agreed with him.