The rejection

Love is something beautiful. Something that gives us wings, lets us fly. Thanks to love and having the significant other, we're happy. But.. some people don't want it. Some people don't like it. Some people don't want to feel loved. Some people.. can't love...

"I can't.." murmur escaped her lips when her violet eyes moved down to the pavement. Dark bangs covered her face as she kept it low so the other couldn't see it. Shizu Kudoku didn't want to look at her friend's who'd just confessed face. "I can't be with you.." she added quietly, still avoiding eye contact with the blond haired girl having blue like ocean eyes; Miski Hirano. She'd just rejected the girl. Pushed away her feelings as if they meant nothing to her.

"I see.." the blonde replied with sad expression dominating her face as her heart sank. Mixed emotions in her mind didn't let her rest even for a second. Shizu knew exactly how the other was feeling. She could imagine that overwhelming pain inside Miski's chest as fear and sadness squeezed the girl's heart.

Miski took a step away from her friend, also staring at the ground, not sure what to say. "It's okay.. I understand.." she reassured the other but her words didn't make Shizu feel better. Not at all. But then..

"After all, you're still my friend, Shizu!" Miski exclaimed and pecking Shizu's cheek after scooting closer. A giggle escaped her lips when she was watching Shizu's confused and shocked face which slowly began to turn red in a blush. "Cute as always!" Miski twittered. Those words only made Shizu blush even brighter as the girl covered her face with her hand secretly, turning it away from Hirano just to hide her red cheeks. Shizu began to wonder why Miski wasn't feeling bad. Maybe she was but she was hiding it? Of course Miski felt bad. It's obvious. Shizu was surprised how fast her friend was able to get up after being hurt like that.

"Hehhee~ so flustered!" Miski pointed out and poked Shizu's side and the other twitched in response to the gesture. Shizu kept hiding her face from the girl, trying to focus on the scenery around them. They were in a park. Alone because it was night that time and not many people liked late walks. Lanterns were throwing their warm, orange light on the trees, making everything look comfortable and welcoming just like a fireplace at home.

Shizu couldn't enjoy the environment too much because there was somebody who was begging for attention. "Shizuu~ would you like to have an ice cream?" Miski questioned, raising a brow while trying to look into the female's eyes even though it wasn't an easy task. Shizu kept running away with her sight all the time till the blush faded away from her face and she could look at Miski without any problems. "That would be great.." she muttered in her usually, stoic and quiet voice. "But it's too late for ice creams. Maybe tomorrow." Shizu suggested, quietly hoping the other would agree but Miski had different plans. "No no! There's no need! We'll go to my place!" the blonde offered with a wide smile shining on her face.

Now when Shizu was thinking about it, she'd never seen Miski's house. She was eager to see how it looked like, how her friend lived and what she had there, but on the other hand, she didn't want to seem annoying or too curious. When she heard Miski's words, her heart started beating a little faster as if something amazing happened. Without hesitation she nodded in agreement while looking into those two beautiful, blue circles.

The brunette shook her head, snapping back to reality after she realised Miski was talking about something. "I'll make you say 'I love you'! You'll see! I promise!" the blonde stated and Shizu nodded, agreeing with her friend. "I'll be waiting.." left her lips as she turned around, wondering where they should go if they wanted to visit Miski's place. She had no clue where the girl lived. Thankfully, Miski Hirano decided to lead the way and she the other how to get to their destination. She took Shizu's hand, squeezed gently, smiled at the girl and they left the park.