6.

I hopped in the shower for the third time of the night while Jeremy chilled and watched TV. After a while, he came in the bathroom on his phone to show me he was on a video call with Jaj.

"MAMA," Jaj yelled excitedly.

"Hey, baby. I miss you."

He smiled and my heart melted.

"I love you, mommy," he said.

"I love you, too."

Jeremy smiled and finished up the call. After, he sat the phone on the counter and laid a hand on the shower glass.

"Do you love me too," he asked with a boyish smile.

"Yes."

"So, you would be willing to do me a huge favor?"

"Maybe? Is it interesting?"

"Yea."

"What is it," I asked while drawing a heart and our initials on the glass.

He opened the shower door and leaned down to kiss my belly, but more in an endearing way than sexual.

"Okay, if you spoil me any harder, I don't know how long you'll be able to keep it up," I joked.

He laughed quietly before standing up straight and holding me.

"What made you really realize that you really loved me," he asked.

"I guess it would had to have been that time I was crying because I was too stressed out, and you drove me to the beach and sang to me, and you didn't try to make me feel like I had to feel better. You just made sure I didn't feel alone, and that meant a lot to me."

"Wow. I had no idea."

"Well, if you're asking me this, that must mean you have an answer to your question, too. I'm curious to know."

"I knew when you listened to me talk about my dream of owning the skate shop."

"Yea, I know you said it's not realistic anymore, but I think you should still do it."

"We can talk about that later. Right now, I actually wanted to talk about something else."

He got down on one knee and pulled a ring from his pocket. I couldn't believe my eyes.

"Osiris Anai Damar, will you sit on my face for the rest of our lives," he asked with a smirk.

I laughed and said yes. He slid the ring on my finger, then kissed my hand.

"I love you, Ris."

"I love you too, baby."

He stood up and kissed my cheek, but it looked like he was hungry for more than that. "I wanna wake up to you smothering me while you ride my face," he whispered.

"Say less."

He gave me a gentle smack on the butt, then went to bed. By the time I finished showering and doing my night routine, he was asleep.

I wanted to text Mariel and tell her the good news so bad, but I figured it best to enjoy it and let it sink in for myself first.

The next morning, I was up right after sunrise. I drank some water, used the bathroom, then went back to bed and sat on Jeremy's back.

"Baby, wake uuup. It's time to eat," I whispered.

He wasn't moving that much, so I leaned in and kissed the back of his neck while whispering his name.