7.

Mariel

I was cleaning my apartment when someone knocked on my door. It was too early for Alessio to be off, and I wasn't expecting any deliveries, so I couldn't imagine who it would be.

Dre was on the other side, and I felt a sense of deja vú. I opened up, and he looked relieved.

"What are you doing here," I asked.

"Can I come in?"

"Why?"

"I just wanted to talk."

I gave him a funny look because I hadn't seen or heard from him since Osiris' dinner party. Plus, there was only one thing he could want to talk about, and I was with Alessio, so it would be a waste of his time.

"Mari, please. I'll be quick."

Against my better judgement, I let him in and put my broom to the side.

"So, what's up?"

"I want you back, Mari. I've been thinking about you ever since Siri's party."

"Are you serious right now?"

"Hey, I know I fucked up before, okay? I can't make excuses, or even change that, but I want you so bad that it's been driving me crazy to not tell you."

"First of all, you've had how much time to try and do all this. Why now?"

"I wasn't expecting to see you at Osiris' place."

"She's my best friend."

"I know, but with you going to school and working, I figured you wouldn't be there. I didn't have any way of preparing myself for how I was going to feel after seeing you for the first time in forever."

"Dre, it's too late. I'm with somebody, and we're good."

"Why'd you let new in, then," he asked cockily.

"Are you fucking kidding me? Two seconds ago you were begging me to let you in like a sick puppy, and now you're holding up you're nuts? Fuck outta here."

"Fuck, my bad. I'm sorry. I got carried away for a second. But, could you at least consider it? We had a good thing."

"Clearly not good enough. We didn't work out, and we've both been on our separate shit for a whiiiiile now. Like I said, I'm good."

"If you change your mind, or that nigga fuck up, come get at me," he responded as he went to open the front door. At that same moment, I could hear what was usually one of my favorite sounds— the humming of Alessio's engine.

Right now, though, my heart was in my stomach.

"This is gonna be awkward," Dre commented.

"Just get out already. It's not going to be any better for you to stand here longer," I snapped.

He shrugged and went out the front door. Alessio exchanged glances and a quick few words with him before waiting next to me until he pulled off.

"So....?"

"He came to try and get back with me. I told him no."

"You telling me a nigga you used to be with came aaaaaaallll the way over, your let him inside so he could tell you he wanted you back, you told him no, and that's it?"

"He doesn't have my number, so I guess that's why he drove here. I shouldn't have let him in, but he said he just needed to talk to me real quick. He was saying his nonsense, and I told him I'm good because I'm already happy with you."

"Mars, I trust you, and I don't have a problem believing that nothing happened. It just seems like if I didn't pull up at the time I did, something else might've happened with you two. I'm not tripping right?"

He wasn't. If the roles were switched, I'd be pissed as well. And as a guy, he'd have a better understanding of Dre's mindset than me.

"Ales, I'm sorry for putting you in that position. Nothing was going to happen no matter how long it would've been before you pulled up. Me and you made an agreement that if either of us felt any kind of ways about our relationship, we'd be open and honest. I take that seriously. I'm sure that I don't want him. I'm confident about what I have with you, and I hope that I didn't put a stain on a relationship that's been so good with you."

"Okay. Now bend over this couch. I gotta teach you a lesson about letting these lil niggas think they got a chance," he said while gently pushing me over and sliding down my joggers.

He smacked my ass hard a few times and told me to apologize. I did as told, so he turned me over and sat me on the arm of the couch. "You said I have nothing to worry about right? This is mine," he asked while kissing my lower stomach.

I nodded and intently waited for him to keep trailing kisses further and further down.

"Whose is it," he whispered across my skin.

"Yours," I replied while he looked into my eyes.

"Don't let another nigga get it confused, aight?"

"Yes, Ales," I responded softly.

He smiled mischievously before holding my legs open and sticking his tongue in. He ate me out until I felt like I was about to pee myself, cockily laughing and looking me in the eyes.

"You ready for me," he asked as he pulled his pants down.

I nodded and waited for him to wrap up before he began to stroke me slowly.

"How was your day, babygirl?"

"Good. I got a lot done."

"And now you're about to get a lot done to you," he said with a grin.

I let him have his way for a couple hours before finally tapping out. "No more, Alessio," I begged.

"Okay, baby," he responded before finishing. Afterward, he kissed my forehead, then stood back to admire me head to toe.

"I'm gonna run us a bath okay," he said gently. I could only nod in response.

When the water was done, he helped me out of the bed and into the tub.

"How was your day?"

"Good. I was actually coming over here to tell you we just signed a big contract, so they gifted me three paid days off."

"Oh, wow. You're telling me I get you all to myself for three whole days? Uninterrupted?"

"Mmhmm. I wanted you to pack a bag to stay over at my place. We can find some stuff to do, and I can drive you to school since I know you love that."

I smiled in response. I did love when he dropped me off and picked me up because it made me feel like I had no cares in the world. And, he'd wait outside my last class for me so he could carry my things. It was honestly too cute.

"And I can drive the Lexus to work," I asked.

"Of course," he responded before kissing me softly. He looked silently with the faintest hint of a smile playing across his face.

"What," I whispered as I felt my skin warm.

"You. I need to stop looking before I put a baby in you, but damn Mars. You cool if I never wanna let you go?"

"Yes. Don't."