2.

** THIS CHAPTER INTENDED FOR MATURE AUDIENCES ONLY**

Mariel

Osiris has been moved out for about a week now and it's been weirder than I thought it would trying to adjust to not having her right down the hall from me.

There was a knock on the front door, so I went to look in the peephole.

It was Osiris' brother, Dre. I furrowed my brows, but decided to open up anyway.

"Hey, what's up," I asked.

"I need to talk to you real quick. Can I come in?"

"Uh, sure. You want anything to drink? I've got bottled tea, bottled water, and juice."

"No, I'm good. Thank you."

"Okay. I'm gonna grab a water and I'll be right back," I said as he sat on the couch.

I couldn't lie, I'd noticed how well Dre glowed up. And, we did flirt sometimes. But, that was purely playful, right? That couldn't possibly have anything to do with why he stopped by, could it?

I came back and sat in an arm chair across from him before taking a sip.

"So, what's up," I asked.

"Man, I don't know how to say this. But um, I feel like you know by now how much I like you. Now that Osiris is out doing her own thing, I figured you'd let me shoot my shot."

I couldn't help but smile at the ground. Dre actually liked me? I thought he was just playing around all those times.

"Well, what kind of shot are you trying to shoot," I asked.

"The type that leads to you being my girl, I hope."

"Okay."

"Okay, yes? Or okay, no?"

"Okay, yes."

"For real?"

"Yea. Why not?"

"Man, I don't know. I thought you was gon hit me with that whole 'you're too young,' or 'you're my friend's little brother,' or sumn like that."

"No. I've dated younger before. And as far as Osiris goes, I don't really think she would mind. I'm not one of those friends that she's ever had a problem with trusting."

"Yea, but could we not tell her just yet? I feel like she would think I would be the one she couldn't trust in this situation."

"Sure. We don't have to say anything until if and when we get serious."

"Cool. So, uh, what are you up to tonight?"

"I didn't have anything planned," I responded with a shrug.

"Lemme take you out, then."

"Where?"

"You wanna eat? Or party? Or both?"

"Um, how about both? I'm interested to see what you chose."

"Okay, let's go."

I followed behind him and felt a little giddy. This was the first real date I'd gone on in a hot second.

After about thirty minutes of driving around, we ended up at a bar and grille. I could hear live music playing, so I was excited.

"So, before we go any further, I'm fully single. Is that the case for you," I asked.

"Yes," Dre laughed. "I been out the game the past few months, actually."

"Okay. Any reason in particular?"