3.

Osiris

Jeremy's been putting in a lot of overtime lately, so I was really excited that he was going to have the whole weekend off for once.

He had gotten off late last night, so I decided to let him sleep in while I made breakfast for him.

Not much later, Jaj was crying. I moved the food off the fire and went to grab him up before he started to throw a fit.

"What's wrong, Moon bear," I asked him while bouncing him and walking around. His crying subsided and he looked at me with his beautiful brown eyes.

"How do you look so much like your dad? My mom always said the women's genes in our family were usually stronger."

He continued to stare blankly at me, so I swaddled him to my chest, then went back to cooking.

I was interrupted this time by the sound of Jeremy getting in the shower and singing along to some death metal. For some reason he said it helped him get into a relaxed mood when he had days off.

It was one of the most random things that he did, but I couldn't help but love it. I smiled to myself and continued what I was doing.

After a while, I could hear him making up lyrics and throwing my name into them.

He walked into the kitchen with the same energy and kissed Jaj on the head before rubbing my back as he looked at the food.

"This looks so good. I appreciate you," he said with a huge smile.

"Of course. Can you get baby boy so I can finish up?"

Jeremy nodded and unwrapped Jaj while I continued.

"So, what do we want to do today," he asked me.

"You're not too tired?"

"Are you kidding me? No. I feel great. I got to sleep in until 10 a.m. and you're making me food. I'm pumped. I wanna enjoy these next few days."

"Alright, then. Let's go to the zoo."

"What about a safari?"

"Maybe when Jaj is older."

"Alright. The zoo it is, then."

_______________________
/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/

We were at the monkey exhibit at the zoo and this woman walked up to us excitedly. I smiled and waited for her to speak.

"It's so cool that you can enjoy this. I know in the past it used to trigger you guys when people called you monkeys or gorillas, but clearly you're intelligent enough to know that it wasn't that big of a deal," the woman said.

I looked at Jeremy to give him a nonverbal warning that I was about to fly off the rail.

He opened his mouth to speak, but couldn't seem to find words, so he stepped away with Jaj in his arms.

I started going off on the lady and she started getting offended and trying to argue back. It got so bad that a zookeeper came over to see what was going on.

The lady loudly told the story one-sided and tried to make herself out to be the victim. I tried to speak once she was done, but the zookeeper cut me off and asked me to leave.

"I would say this is unbelievable, but it's not," I responded while shaking my head.

"Ma'am, I'm just trying to do what's best and fair for everyone."

"Everyone? So why aren't you making her leave, too?"

"Ma'am--"

Jeremy had found his way back over and he looked furious. "Excuse me, but you're being very rude to my girlfriend.  We will gladly leave after we've had the chance to speak with your top manager because this is ridiculous," he yelled.

"Sir--"

"Now," Jeremy reiterated.

The zookeeper nodded and radioed for someone.

We waited for 30 minutes before anyone showed up. I let Jeremy explain everything because I was too angry to be able to function properly.

"Miss Damar, I am utterly sorry about what's happened. I want you to know that I take this very seriously, and I want you to rest assured that if you decide to give us another chance, I'll make it worth your family's time. And, that you will NEVER deal with this kind of behavior here again," the manager said to me.

I looked at Jeremy and shook my head.

"We appreciate your offer, but we'd like to decline. This is the first time in a while that we've gotten to do something as a family, so we were really looking forward to enjoying our day together. What happened here just really ruined our day," Jeremy told him.

He nodded sadly in response. "Well, if you all ever do decide to come back, here's my card. Give me a call ahead of time, and I'll make sure to personally be here and help you guys have a great time."

I didn't speak until we got home, at which point I broke down. Jeremy silently held me until I stopped crying.

"Do you want to talk," he asked quietly.

"No. I'm gonna take a nap for now. If Jaj gets hungry, wake me up."

"Okay, Queen. I love you."

"Love you, too."

I wanted to give Jaj a kiss, but I stopped myself because I didn't wanna transfer any bad energy to him.

"I can put him down for a nap in his crib and we can cuddle if you want," Jeremy suggested. I nodded yes and waited to feel his arm drape over me.

"Can I have a kiss," he asked softly. I turned over and pecked him on the lips.

He smiled like an idiot and started turning red.

"What," I asked.

"You're so beautiful. Sometimes I just can't believe that I have you to myself."

"That's sweet, babe."

"Get some rest, okay? And by the time you wake up, I'll have dinner for you."