4.

Mariel

A year flew by so fast that I couldn't believe it. Me and Dre had stopped talking after about three months, so I never told Osiris about it.

But now, it was coming back to bite me in the butt.

Osiris had invited me over to have dinner because we hadn't hung out for a hot minute, so I got all dolled up and excitedly drove to her house. But to my surprise, it wasn't just the two of us. She had invited a few people, including Dre.

He looked good, and he hit me with one of his smiles.

The problem was that I did some cringy sh** toward the end, which was the main reason we stopped talking. It was all coming back to me at that moment, and I wanted to run and hide.

The other problem was that I had a new man. We had started talking a little after me and Dre stopped, and then we officially started dating a few weeks ago.

But for some reason, seeing Dre gave me butterflies, and I felt guilty.

"You look nice," Dre said once I passed by him.

"Thanks," I responded before finding Osiris to get my mind off of him.

"Mari, I've missed you so much," she said while hugging me.

"I missed you, too. But, where's my little moon bear," I asked. Osiris gave Jaj that nickname because he was a chunky baby and he was born at night. I thought it was the cutest thing ever and couldn't stand to call him anything else.

"Probably talking sh** to Dre," she responded. "It's his favorite thing to do when they get together."

"I guess I'll just have to wait my turn then."

"In the meantime, girl come here," she said as we went to her and Jeremy's bedroom. She shut the door and looked like she was about to drop a bomb on me.

"What," I asked cautiously.

"You're the first person I'm saying anything to. Like, not even Jeremy knows, but--"

"Are you pregnant again," I whispered.

"No. I was at work today and this guy basically offered to be my sugar daddy."

"And what did you say?"

"I jokingly told him I would think about it, and he left me his business card. I'm not saying I'm going to do it, but like, he clearly had money. He had that heavy, gold Amex card. And he let me pick everything that he was going to order, and he let me pick my tip."

"F***, girl make me wanna hop in the service industry."

"Girl. I'm like would Jeremy really even be mad if I was bringing in heavy, gold Amex money?"

"Girl, don't do that to him. He would probably skateboard his a** right outta ya life."

Osiris laughed in response before throwing a pillow at me. "Shut up. Leave my baby alone," she said.

I shrugged in response with a smile.

"Anywho, how are things with you and Alessio," she asked excitedly.

"Good. Girl look at this picture of us from the other day. My skin was poppin."