Chapter Twenty-Three ~ Regret

I put the test in my back pocket and then washed my hands. I looked at my appearance before leaving the bathroom. I walked back into my seat, and I felt eyes on me. I looked to see Jaehyun looking at me and you could see the worry look in his eyes. I made it to my row and squeezed through the people, before I made it to my seat, I felt a handprint on my ass hearing a smack sound coming from it. I turned back to see the intoxicated man smiling up at me, it took everything in myself not to smack him.

"Sir don't ever do that again" I say calmly. I go sit down in my seat before being pulled by the man onto his lap. "What's the rush baby girl" he says smirking and you can smell the alcohol on him. ''Let go of me," I said, trying to get him off. I pushed him with all my strength trying to let myself up. "Ladies and Gentlemen, we are about to land. So, get in your seats and buckle up" the captain spoke on the intercom. "You're lucky we are about to land, but after you are coming with me" he said in a husky voice.

The plane landed and everyone was getting their luggage and getting off the plane. I grabbed my stuff and tried to rush past the man, but he grabbed my arm pulling me back. "Woah, you need to wait for me before you go" he whispered in my ear. The man pulled me along with him off the plan and dragged me along with him.

Jaehyun looked at Nila heading back to her seat after being in the bathroom long enough. He saw the man sexually assault her. Jaehyun could stand to see it, he was about to stand up until the announcement of landing was made. He waited for the plane to land and once it landed, he started grabbing his things and looked over to where Nila was. Jaehyun saw that she tried to get away but saw the man pull her back and whisper something in her ear. He saw them leave the plane and hurried after them.

Jaehyun saw him grab her and she tried to remove her arm from his grip. Jaehyun rushed to catch up to them and he finally stopped. "Hey!" Jaehyun yelled and the man turned around and that's when Jaehyun's fist connected with his face making him fall and tumble.

I saw the man fall to the ground and I looked back to see Jaehyun. I sighed in relief and went towards him pulling him into a hug. "Are you okay?" he asked out trying to see my face to make sure I was alright. "I'm sorry" I said and now the water works were pouring out. "It's okay. No matter what happens, I will love you and help you" he says. I pulled away from the hug, "I was wrong didn't try to understand your feelings".

"So, what are you trying to say?" he asked, looking into my eyes. "I love you Jaehyun," I said and smiled. Jaehyun smiled, pulling close to him once again. "Should we head home?" Jaehyun asked. I pulled away and I nodded. "Let's go home. I miss our daughter anyway" I said, and he nodded.

We walked to the car and the chauffeur put our bags in the trunk as Jaehyun and I got inside the car. I was so happy that we worked things out. "Jaehyun from now on no matter what happens we need to stick together okay?" I spoke. Jaehyun grabbed my hand and kissed it, "I promise" he said. I smiled and turned my focus to the window. We arrived at the house and the chauffeur opened the door for me and I thanked him for it. I quickly rushed to the door and hurried inside so I could see Mi-Kyong.

"Mom!" I yelled, opening the door looking around trying to find her. I walked into the living room to see her with a long face. "Mom, what's wrong?" I asked her and she slowly lifted her head and I saw the redness around her eyes from crying. "Where's Mi-Kyong? Is everything okay?" I asked as I was about to leave the room when she grabbed my wrist stopping me. "Nila, Mi-Kyong is fine, but the police are on the way" she says. I looked at her confused before asking why. "The police said that they have evidence of you pushing Yerin causing her a miscarrige and almost committing attempted murder" my mom says.

I tried to process everything she said and then I remembered the phone call."Jaehyun, I was with you the whole time, but I forgot to tell you that Yerin called while we were on the trip. She said that this wasn't over and to prepare for the worst. I think this is what she meant" I said. "First, I know you were with me. Second, why didn't you tell me about the phone call?" he asked. "I'm sorry" was what I could say before he pulled me into a hug. Everything was happening so fast I couldn't control my emotions.

"Jaehyun, I'm scared. I don't want to be parted with you and Mi-Kyong" I said, hugging him tighter. Jaehyun hugged me tighter, not letting me go. "Don't worry I'm going to fix all of this," he said, kissing my head. The police were coming closer as we could hear the sirens.