Chapter Twenty-Six ~ The Call I Needed

"Did you get hurt again?" he asks as he checks me out. "No, it's nothing like that but you might get mad because I didn't tell you" I said as I placed Mi-Kyong back in her seat. The door opens, "Five minutes left" the guard says before closing the door back. "What is it?" he asked, waiting for me to answer him. "I'm pregnant" I say, and I look at Jaehyun waiting to see what he has to say. "I should have used protection" he says, and I smack him in his arm. "Really?!" I said and he just laughed. "So, you're not mad at me for not telling you sooner?". Jaehyun sighs and looks at me before grabbing my hands.

"Nila, I'm not mad at you for not telling me sooner, I'm mad that you're pregnant here and furious that you are beaten up. What makes you think I feel reassured if you're carrying our child in here!" he yells the last part making me jump. "Jaehyun calm down please it's not good to yell in front of Mi-Kyong," I said. He was hesitant at first but nodded, agreeing to sit down again. "Jae, the only way we are going to get me out of here and safe is that we do it calming instead of lashing out" I said. "You're right, I'm sorry it's just that I'm worried about your safety here" he says looking at me.

"Did they say anything about the trial for court?" I asked and he nodded. "They said the trail is tomorrow afternoon, but I still need to find evidence before then" he says. "Times up" the guard says and then comes inside waiting at the door for me. "I love you and remember don't stress. I know you will get me out" I said and smiled. I gave him a kiss on the lips and then a hug. I turned toward the car seat. "Bye my sweet angel" I said and kissed Mi-Kyong on the forehead. I then turned around walking towards the guard leaving.

After the visit with Nila, Jaehyun dropped Mi-Kyong off and decided to search places and ask people about Yerin's whereabouts for the past couple days, but people seem to act like they knew nothing, Jaehyun was in a tight situation. Jaehyun felt his phone vibrate, he looked at the caller I.D and it was Eunhyuk.

Jaehyun- Hello?

Eunhyuk- Jaehyun, I have some news to give you about Yerin

Jaehyun- If it's about your marriage, I have nothing to tell you man-

Eunhyuk- No it's about how to get your wife out of jail

Jaehyun- Okay, tell me

Eunhyuk- We must not discuss this over the phone. Let's meet at the park near Beratni cafe

Jaehyun- Okay

Jaehyun ended the call and rushed to the Bertani cafe which was only ten minutes away from where he was.

Jaehyun was sitting on the bench waiting for Eunhyuk to show up. He looked around and saw him in the distance. Jaehyun stood up and Eunhyuk was standing before him. "So, what is it that can help get my wife out of that hell hole?" Jaehyun asked. Eunhyuk sighed and looked at him, "You might want to sit down for this one," he says sitting down on the bench. Jaehyun sits beside him waiting for him to answer. "Yerin was the one who planned everything to frame Nila. The so-called miscarriage with the baby is fake, she is still pregnant. The girl that fell was a fake not Yerin" he says.

"Okay but telling me this without evidence is not going to be able to get Nila out" Jaehyun says, causing Eunhyuk to smirk. "That's what I was going to tell you before you said anything. I have evidence and I'm going to give it to you". Eunhyuk takes out a hard drive and places it in Jaehyun's hand. Jaehyun looked at it before placing it into his pocket. Eunhyuk stood up and started to walk off.

"Eunhyuk, why are you giving me this?" I asked curious. Eunhyuk stopped and turned around, "I love Yerin, but this isn't right to have someone locked up that is innocent. I think it's time for me to move on and divorce her. I hope once you get Nila out, you can finally live in peace" Eunhyuk said, smiling at Jaehyun before leaving. Jaehyun smiled and went back to the house to see exactly what was on the hard drive.

After reviewing the hard drive, the evidence was clear enough to prove Nila is not guilty and she can be freed. Jaehyun looked at the time and it was already late at night. His phone vibrated and he looked to see who was calling and right on time it was Haechan, his lawyer. Jaehyun answered it and discussed the material they needed for the trail tomorrow.

After talking with Haechan, Jaehyun stretched his body and stood up to go check on Mi-Kyong who was sleeping in her crib peacefully. Jaehyun smiled and left her room, closing her door quietly. Jaehyun was going to walk to his room when he saw Mina's light on in her room. He peeked through the door, and she quickly wiped her eyes that were full of tears and called Jaehyun to come into the room.

"Mina don't worry, Nila will be home I can assure you that" Jaehyun said, and she nodded her head. "It's not that I'm worried about her not being able to come home, I know you will get her out. I'm worried about her safety in that jail" she said. "You don't have to, try to get some sleep, we have a long day tomorrow" Jaehyun said and patted her back.