Sweet Dreams - 15

SWEAT DREAMS

15

She had been easy to find, like a tether pulling him towards her. He did not even get to enjoy the chase, no allowance for the anticipation to build up. His first choice having taken up so much of the evening - 'act fast little one'.

The minute her legs stumbled her into a dark and private area, 'this is it, take the opportunity' and he did. He did not even hesitate. No toying, no seduction followed by fear. He had come silently from behind and struck her several times in the head to incapacitate her. She had crumbled to the ground in a heap. The first blow being the only necessary one. By the time he had unloaded her body at the final destination, her face was already swollen and bruised. Her breathing shallow, a pulse barely registering.

He dropped her - his Annie - under the street sign. He was still alone, but for how long. 'Tick tock, tick tock - you better work quickly,' his companion, a constant nagging force in the back of his mind.

His hands moved as quickly as possible. The handkerchief, a quick slash, followed by gurgling. Consciousness gripped her in those final moments. Reaching clumsily for her neck but only managing to smear her own blood all over hands and face. He watches in amusement, a small enjoyment.

He waits for her eyes to grow distant and shadowed before going about finishing his job and posing the body.

He pulls himself up to sitting in his bed. The only thing he loves more then having those memories is re-living them in his dreams.

A/N: People asked about the Annie murder, so here is a quick dream sequence from the killer. Sorry it is unedited and so short.