Mr. Gaiman and Sex

"I want to cry." The deflected space cadet mused over her lukewarm cup of tea. Her fiance sat across from her, caught up in the latest news on his holowatch. Old Saint Richard was at it again, declaring war on the inventors for inventing the skyogram. Old Saint Richard is not the first Old Saint Richard. He is the Three Hundred and Twenty-Second Old Saint Richard, each a clone of the last. Every Richard had something they hated. This one hates the skyogram. Earth Three's sky had long gone dark, a young world once again at the end of its lifespan. Only ten billion years this one. The one before that fifty billion, seven hundred and eighty million, three hundred and forty-eight thousand, five hundred, and sixty-eight days. The one before that was lost in time. No one knew then that their world could end so suddenly that there was no time to write it down before humans drowned, burned, killed each other, and ran to the farthest galaxies they could reach.

"Lionel."

What is his problem with the Skyogram though? Yes, this world is dying and Earth-kind will once again walk into the vast night in search of a home, nonetheless, why live each day in dread?

"Lionel."

Being able to look up and see a blue sky dotted with perfect white clouds took some of the stress off of the citizens. Ten billion years. Only ten billion years this one lasted. On Earth II the citizens were even able to predict when their world would end and make preparations accordingly. A ban on procreation was put into place to avoid harm to younger generations. Everyone received a job and a place to go to. They said goodbye to their world with a kind smile and a tear in their eye, knowing they did something right on this world for it to last so long. What went wrong with this world? Already going cold, children aren't allowed out anymore for fear of the street swallowing them whole. The procreation ban was so sudden it caused quite the uproar -

"Lionel!" A rough hand calloused from three fights too many clapped down on the holowatch the young human was reading. Gently pulling his wrist from her grasp and into his lap, he took a moment to soak in the woman before him. Dark skin, the color of soil after rain, her nose sprinkled with light brown freckles. Freckles you could only see if you were a lover pulling her close for a goodnight kiss. Copper curls exploding from her head in the most beautiful waterfall that pooled at her smooth, strong shoulders. The left strap of her nightgown had slipped from her shoulder in the most seductive manner. Then again, everything this woman did was seductive to Lionel.

"You're staring again Lionel." The inventor looked up to meet his lover's hazel green eyes. Usually so strong and certain, now holding a mist of apprehension.

He couldn't help but smirk, amused at the complexity of the woman he loved. Always so sure of herself, always so firm. Unless of course, the man who loved her dared bask in her beauty. Then she was suddenly a shy teenage girl in the back of the classroom attempting to shrink for fear of being noticed. "I do apologize, my dear, I will take note and be sure to never look at you again. However, I have already previously taken note of this and was trying my damndest to never ever look at you by reading the news on why our blessed idiot, Old Saint Richard hates my latest invention but somehow you have caught my attention again." His smirk grew as Khloe's face grew hot and covered her mouth as if she could hide her embarrassment at his taunting.

Clearing her throat, the spacewoman recovered, "I'm trying to be serious Lionel."

"So am I!" The creator of new things exclaimed, "It took me three years to make the Skyogram a reality. I am a visionary and now this Old Saint Dick is trying to erase that vision because apparently everyone has to be miserable all the time to ever achieve anything! And of course, he is employing that rat bastard Lionel the uninventor to undo my handy work! Who needs uninventors anyway? I would love to be an uninventor. Just sit on my ass and collect a paycheck waiting for the day my counterpart may or may not invent something worth uninventing. Or even a reinventor! Just wait to find an uninvented invention and reinvent it, then take all the credit! I ought to -"