ⓣⓦⓞ

Aleezé Hatun was to be picked up by carriage to be taken to the palace. Her eyes widened at how big it was, and how many guards there were. She was led to a room, where she would stay for a short amount of time before the dinner. A maid walked in and put some clothes onto her bed.

'What's with that?' 'Laila Hatun said you need to wear some cleaner and appropriate clothes before going to meet the Sultan and his children.' 'What's wrong with what I'm wearing right now?' She looked down at her dress. It was a shade of brown, with spots of mud everywhere. Originally, it was orange, but Aleezé really didn't care. The maid eyed her dress, and Aleezé understood. 'Fine, but only because I'm meeting the Sultan.'

The maid left whilst Aleezé got changed into a yellow dress. It felt too silky, and slippery, but she wore it anyway.

Zunere dressed into a pink dress. It had gold embroidery around the arms, waist and hem. Her headpiece was also pink with some gold, but right on top, was a small gold tiara. Laila had forced her to wear it.

Laila walked in. 'Zunere Sultan, I have given some clothes to Aleezé Hatun.' 'Why? You know she is a warrior, she won't like those clothes.' 'It would have been disrespectful in front of our Sultan'im.' 'Tamam.' A maid walked in, telling them that the meals had been cooked. 'Haydi, Sultana'm. We can go to the main dinner room.' Zunere walked out, closely followed by Laila. She met Aleezé at one of the doors and greeted her.

Sultan Melikshah sat on the floor, watching the chefs place the dishes onto the table. 'Zunere Hatun ve Aleezé Hatun request your presence.' 'Let them in.' He watched his daughter and the other woman enter. They sat on each side of the floor table. 'Welcome to our table, Aleezé Hatun.' 'Thank you, Sultan Melikshah.' 'You saved my daughter from bandits, and me as well. The least we could do was host you in our palace.' 'Anyone would have done it, my Sultan.'

The Sultan bowed his head. 'How old are you, Aleezé?' 'I'm 16, Sultan'im.' 'Where are your parents?' 'You killed them.' Melikshah looked at her, surprised. 'But I would never kill innocent muslim people.' 'No, my Sultan'im. My parents were Tekfur Kristo and Eylla Happya, they organised an attack on you, when I was 6. But when I became 14, I studied religion and accepted Islam.' 'Mashallah, kizim. It's good you found your own way, but who did you live with?'

Aleezé bowed her head down, replying, 'My sister, Alexandra. She knew my parents would betray you, so she took me away. She was one of the only people who accepted me when I became a muslim. When I became 15, guards from the castle found us and killed her. And I just managed to escape to the city.' 'I'm sorry for your loss.'

'Bismillah.' He broke the bread into 3 pieces and passed them to the girls. They dipped into the soups and chicken curries. The doors opened. Zunere's mouth stopped moving, as she watched Osman run in. 'Osman!' Laila ran into the room, trying to grab the boy. 'Forgive me, Sultan'im. He wanted to come see his father, and when I went to get him food, he'd ran from his room.' 'It doesn't matter, Laila. Osman, always ask Laila Hatun if you want to come sit with us.' He patted the seat beside him.

—————————————————————————————————————————————————

Zunere entered her room. Laila sat beside her. 'Laila, have I really not acted properly ever since my mother's death?' 'Sultana'm, I'm not one to say, but you have become a great deal sadder. I mean, your mother was a Valide for both of us, and her death affected us greatly.' 'Baba sends so many doctors from all over the world to help me....but nothing helped. Am I really that incurable!?'

She beat her hands against her bed, as tears poured down her face. 'Sultana? Sultana'm? Are you okay?' 'Am. I. Really. That. Incurable? Am. I. Really. That. Incurable?' Each word, she pounded her bed. She repeated over and over again. Laila got worried. 'Hekimler. Hekimler! Gel! Call our Sultan!' Zunere didn't flinch at her words.

*in the throne room*

'Destur!' The Sultan looked up from his painting. 'Gel!' 'Sultan'im, Zunere Hatun...' 'What happened to Zunere'm?' 'Sultan'im, she has... become ill and crazy.' The Sultan knocked over his water as he stood up. 'What!?' He ran out of the room, and ran as fast as he could to Zunere's.

'Zunere! Zunere!' He whisper yelled as he hugged her. 'Baba, am I incurable?' Melikshah looked at his daughter. 'Yes, you are curable, don't worry.' She smiled at him, a proper smile. This wasn't like her. 'Doctors, look over her. I have a feeling something is very wrong.'

-side note

Yass, Another chap. This one was harder to write that's why it's sooooo short, BUT SOOO MUCH FUN! And yes, Zunere is ill, which is sad. And Aleezé will become one of Zunere's best friends. Vote and Comment!