ⓕⓘⓥⓔ

*1 year later*

Laila Hatun rode out on her horse, away from the Konya Sarayi. She had butterflies in her stomach, unable to contain her excitement. She was a year older than Zunere Hatun. Laila was a beautiful 17 year old, with her beautiful green eyes, and freckles over the bridge of her nose. Her lips, pink and full, only speaking the sweetest words.

She had a love, and she was visiting him today. No one would have guessed who her lover was. Zunere had questioned so many times, but she never told her. She finally reached the shack where he had asked to meet.

He stepped out, and she blushed. He was a handsome 20 year old, his eyes a deep blue, and his white smile, which made her fall for him. He was Ali Agha, the Hace of the state.

'Ali Agha.' 'Laila Hatun.' 'You look very beautiful in that dress.' 'Thanks, Agha'm. Zunere Hatun picked it out for me, and did my makeup.' 'Oh, she doesnt know.......does she?' 'No, she knows I have a lover, but I didnt tell her it was you.' 'Tamam. Laila'm, I want to ask my Sultan for your hand.' Laila gasped, and blushed, looking down. 'What do you say?' 'Yes! Ask for me from my Sultan'im!'

An arrow parted them. Ali Agha pushed Laila behind him, pulling out his sword. Some castle soldiers were approaching them. 'Ali......' Laila whimpered behind him. 'Dont show fear, Laila'm.' She nodded, her eyes widening as Ali fought. Soon he was slashed on his arm, and on the floor.

'Hatun! Come with us, or else he dies!' A soldier had out a sword to Ali's throat. 'Ali......' Ali was protesting, as Laila thought to go with them, or let her beloved die. She walked slowly to them, as Ali shouted no. 'I love you Ali, and know I'm always in your heart. I will wait for you.'

A soldier roughly gripped her arm. She was pulled away, as he tied her hands. Laila watched sadly as a soldier knocked Ali unconscious. The man roughly pulled her to a cage. He pushed her in, and she got a bruise on her leg. 'Oi, treat her properly. I've heard she's Zunere Sultan's own maid!'

She curled up in a ball, and slowly cried, wiping away her tears. 'Ali....' she whispered. 'On my happiest day, darkness came. Allah, you help us, and make me come with my love.' 'Shut up, woman, be happy that he's alive.' She growled at him, continuing to make dua.

*at the palace*

'Ayy, Laila, where the hay are you? Aleezé, I cant concentrate without her. She's been gone 2 hours. She promised 1. Allah, who did she go with?' 'Sakin Ol, Sultana'm, maybe she's gone on an extra long horse ride.' 'That's it, I'm telling the Sultan.'

She walked out of her room, closely followed by Aleezé Hatun. Zunere walked to the throne room. 'Guards, where is Ali Agha?' 'I don't know, but he told me to cover him.' 'Well, tell the Sultan I would like to see him.' 'Tamam.' The guard walked into the throne room. Zunere tapped her foot, waiting for him.

'The Sultan will see you now, Zunere Hatun.' She nodded, and beckoned for Aleezé to follow her. The Sultan looked up from his book. 'Kizim, you wanted to see me?' 'Yes Baba, it's important.' 'Tell me, then.' 'It's Laila.' 'What about Laila?' 'Shes.....shes missing.' 'What?!' 'Yes, and I know she will kill me if I say this, but I haven't any choice. She left to go meet her lover, and for 1 hour, however, it's been 2.' 'Who is her lover?' 'That's the problem. I DONT KNOW!' 'Ok, who else in the palace is not here.' 'I mean, my maid Hafsa, but she's ill, and female.' Aleezé replied. 'And.....Ali Agha. But, Laila would never go anywhere with him-'

'Sultan'im!' A man walked in. Zunere stared wide-eyed as she saw Ali Agha. 'Atabey'im? Ali!? What happened to you?' The man held onto his arm. 'I-I was with Laila.' Zunere breathed a sigh of relief. 'So where is she?' Aleezé gripped Zunere's hand. 'They-they took her!' Tears poured from his eyes.

Zunere couldn't believe it. 'What?! No, it can't be.' She fell onto the floor, barely able to breathe. 'No. Allah' im, you help my Laila.' Both Zunere and Ali Agha were in tears, and the Sultan worried for his daughter's best friend .

—————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————

Laila was being roughly pushed into the dungeons. 'Come on, kadin, move faster.' She stared angrily at the soldiers, who were closing the door, and bolting it shut. 'Let me go! I swear by Allah, I will get the Sultan to burn down your whole castle! Let me go!' The soldiers laughed at her. 'The Sultan won't do anything, because what can a dead man do? When we kill him, we will take over your stupid state.'

'We will find out every secret of the state from you. We know that you are one of his closests maids, so you will know everything.' 'I will not say a word, and any torture you do to me won't affect me.' 'We will torture you in such a way, you will tell us.' Laila'm eyes widened, her eyes tearing up. 'So, just tell us now, and we won't.'

'Allah, what kind of men are these? Save me from them.' She heard voices from outside. The door opened, and in walked...Emir Kasim.

'Hain!' She whispered under her breath. 'Vy, vy, vy, look who we have here. The beautiful Laila Hatun.' He stroked her face. She looked down, disgusted. 'I will ask you once, and only once. When will Melikshah's army come to the palace?' 'If I knew, I wouldn't tell a traitor like you, Kasim.' 'Oh, you will. Soldier, pass me the dagger.'

A soldier passed him a dagger, and he took it, maliciously sliding it slowly across Laila's face. 'I really don't like repeating myself, kadin, so tell me. When?!' 'I won't say a thing! Kill me!' 'Killing you would be a gift.' He lingered the dagger over her right shoulder.

'Ahhhhh!' Laila screamed as Kasim dug the dagger deep into her bicep. 'Tell me, Laila, when?' Laila thought about her best friend, Zunere, and new sister Aleezé. She didnt want to be a traitor to them, nor to the merciful Sultan. 'I won't say, hain kopek. Try all the torture you want, it's not gonna work.' 'It you won't tell, then your death will be painful.'

He stabbed her stomach hard. 'Allahuakbar!' 'It won't kill you quickly, but slowly. You will be in pain, and will die in the precious hands of your Sultan.'

-side note

Sorry for this being soooo short, I just wanted to hurry the story upppp. Yes, I rewrote the 2nd half, lol. Only bc I didn't like it. How was it? Lygsmmmmmmmmm,m vote and comment!