chapter sixteen, for safety purposes take the scissors away from louis!

a week later...

"Hey Lou-" Matthew greeted his best friend of five years and co-host of the radio show, Louis himself, as he entered their studio set up, seeing Louis in his chair, frustratedly tapping away on his phone.

"I hate you and your kid" Louis grumbles, dropping the phone on his desk and glaring at Matthew as threateningly as a five foot something twenty-five year old can be to six foot two forty year old man.

"And good morning to you too darling, who pissed in your coffee?" Matthew chuckles as he raises his cup of coffee at Louis, before going pass Louis and into his seat that was across from the younger's.

"Apparently you and your said daughter...really...you had to get Billy to tweet that midair...I know it was you Gubler, I watched the tapes, saw that little hand gesture you did there...that was British sign language, which I happen to know and it stands for "Message him"...I just got off the phone with my mother, who somebody snitched to...khm...and had to convince the woman that I don't have a boyfriend that I am hiding from her because I don't want him to meet the family yet"

Louis continues to go into a frustrated rant, glaring at the older of the duo when necessary while Matthew carefully pulls the scissors and a tea mug that were on Louis' side of the desk...for safety purposes of course while he still followed along to what the younger had to say, nodding his head, here and there.

"Me...us?! Did you hear yourself on air?! You were practically thirsting over the man...I was positive at one point you would offer to carry his children...again, us?! If anything, we did you a favour...as for snitching, I would place my money on Doris and Ernest, they are such blabber mouths"

Matthew protested, throwing his hands in the air dramatically, being one of the rare people on earth that can actually talk back to Louis without a fear of getting his head shaved off being ended on twitter by the sass master from Doncaster himself...his secret was that Louis too, in a way, feared Matthew...their friendship dynamics worked perfectly.

"I mean-"

"Don't let him talk dad, it's been a week and him and Harry can't get enough of each other, just yesterday I got off phone with Harry and he said-"

Billy shouts out as she joins the radio show duo in the room, going over to do her job and that right now is to check if the equipment is working, clean up a bit the mess they've made around the room (cause let's face it, they treat that room as if it were a bachelor's pad) and all in all, make sure that the two were in check since they were supposed to go on air in twenty minutes. She smirks, before pulling out her rag and microphones.

"Again, you're going to blame us?! Man, I should be suing you at this point for all emotional destress you put me through"

Matthew continues arguing, not afraid to show Louis' that he was in the right this time and to be honest, he did enjoy being right over mr. I am Louis Tomlinson and I am never ever wrong, so shut up Matthew. Louis, however, seems to have no care about this anymore, trying to shush the Gubler man, before turning to Billy who was humming a very familiar tune to the Tomlinson man...familiar meaning she was humming to 'Kiwi' by none other than Mr. Harry Styles himself...out of spite, she truly was her father's daughter, Louis didn't think...he knew.

"Yeah, yeah, boo freaking hoo, you poor little thing...what did Harry tell you?!"

"Yeah...I'm not telling" Billy raises her hands in defense, as if she was surrendering while in reality, she wasn't near it, just like that smirk wasn't near leaving her face.

"Why?!" Louis protests, dramatically falling back into his chair.

"I don't get payed enough to do so...plus, it was a confidential call. What kind of goddaughter I would be if I broke Harry's trust? If I were to ruin the sacred bond between-"
Billy places the rag down, pressing her palms on the table, as she continued to toy with the man, going into a dramatic monologue...Louis really regrets teaching her that trick when she was twelve. He knew how this worked and that's when the proposal came.

"You'll get a raise and I'll pay for your and Lois' date in Brighton"

"Louis!" Matthew gasps, staring in shock between his daughter and his best friend. Billy nods, straightening her posture and her face and voice soften as she spoke.

"Now that we're talking...Harry likes you...like likes you man, he is practically head over those heels on his glittery boots for you...I haven't seen him like this...well ever, you are something special uncle Louis"

Matthew and Billy observe the silenced Louis, both not sure how to act in this situation as it isn't something they've seen before. That is until Louis snaps out of it, shouting out.

"That's it?!"

"You get what you pay for" Billy grins, shrugging her shoulders...she wasn't finished, but Louis didn't need to know that. She did enjoy messing with her uncle, even going as far as to (dramatically) walk out of the room.

"Billy!"

"Fine...you didn't get this from me, but he asked for the studio address...do what the information what you may"

Billy turns around, going back to her previous place and that is in the middle of Louis' and Matthew's desks, her eyes however more focused on Louis. She smiled softly, she was truly happy that her uncle and godfather found each other...she knew them both for the majority of her life and only wanted what's best for them...a part of her believed that they could be that best for each other.

"The address of our studio, but why?" Louis' furrows his brows, a puzzled look on his face, truly wondering what was the British singer up to. However, his thoughts and theories were cut short by Lois knocking on the already open door, holding a bouquet of sunflowers and a box wrapped in yellow wrapping paper with little flowers and bees on it. The girl tried to hold back her smile as she went to place the gifts in front of Louis.

"Um sorry to interrupt this...lovely conversation, but this just arrived at the door, it's a delivery, for Louis"

"A delivery for me...it can't be" Louis looks at the box and the flowers and between the three that were in the studio with him, all sharing this same smile, a smile that held some excitement to it on their faces.

"Just check the card, will you?" Matthew calls out for Louis', daring to be the one to break the silence, before Louis' could even dare to start overthinking again. Alongside the box and flowers, came a card, amongst the beautiful sunflowers.

"Uncle Louis?"

Billy carefully approaches the man, who was for the second time of the day silenced, two times far too many for Louis. Only this time, it was different. Louis' eyes started to tear up a bit as he went through the note for what seemed to be the third time, he looks up at Billy, a choked laugh leaving his lips as he points a finger at the girl.

"That sappy little shit...I hate him so much, you better tell him that the next time he calls"

"Louis?"

"Matthew, I think I'm falling in love with this man"

"What did he write in this card?!" Matthew furrows his eyebrows, stepping beside his daughter and right over Louis' head, so he could try and see the note that was in the blue eyed beauties hands. He goes through it, Lois soon following along.

"Ooh...he's good, he's really good...I might just have to pick this line up from him...yeah, I understand you falling in love with him, go on" Matthew than grabs the card out of his hands, earning a protest from Louis, while he goes over it again, trying to make sure that he wasn't seeing things.

"What do I do?" Louis sighs as he presses his head in his hands that laid on his desk, before raising his head back up and looking between the three that were in the room with him.

"Call him!" Billy, Lois and Matthew shoutout together, not believing that Louis was asking them this question. Louis nods his head, ready to walk out of the room and make that call when Billy pulls him back in, shaking her head.

"But not right now, you're going on air in two minutes"