chapter twenty-five, matthew's great plan!

"Do you think this is a smart idea?" Billy asks as she stands next to her father who was in the recording studio of "White boy of the month" working on setting up the addition microphone.

"Nope" Matthew hums, his eyes never once leaving his set out task.

"And you're still doing it?" Billy decides to question again, amused to say the least, but there was a still rational bone in her body, fighting through.

"Yup" Matthew adds in the same manner as the previous reply.

"Even after uncle Louis' warning?" Billy adds in, for good measure or for the fact that a part of Matthew did fear Louis...hey, Louis maybe a little hedgehog, but he was a scary little hedgehog.

"Billy, half of things in life wouldn't be done or even remotely fun if I listened to every wish and complaint your uncle Louis made" Matthew sighs, turning to his daughter so she could see a proud smirk on his face. He most definitely wasn't letting go of his masterplan.

"Hey, you were the one who chose him to be my uncle!" Billy protested, shaking her head in pure disbelief.

"I didn't choose him, he just showed up at our doorstep one day and warmed his way into all of our hearts" Matthew grinned, before once again focusing on the microphone in front of him, just one more bit and it will be all finished up.

"You happen to have a death wish, don't you?" Billy sighs, chuckling afterwards.

"No...I just can't have Niall beat me to the captain's spot" Matthew grumbles, angered at the thought of the competition for his rightfully earned captain's spot...this will show Niall who was the real captain once and for all. He bends down a bit, tongue poking out in concentration as he pulls on a black cord that was going down to the floor.

"You and Niall are two forty year old men, fighting like five year olds at the kindergarten over who gets the legos" Billy shakes her head once again, she should be surprised at their antics, she really should, but for her father and Niall to be acting like this, it wasn't a new thing. These two were always going at each other ever since Billy and Lois started dating, at first the girls thought it was a one big joke, both being overprotective over their favourite girls...but right now, as Matthew was working so patiently and dedicatedly on a plan that was going to be set out...soon, she had her questions.

"I'll have you know Billy Jean, I am older than both you and Niall, therefore I am smarter...now go and plug this cord in" Matthew smiles proudly, finally stepping away from the microphone, only to turn back towards Billy, ruffling her hair and passing on the black cord that he was previously pulling on to her.

Billy rolls her eyes, pushing the cord back into her father's hand as her phone sounds off. She smiles, in a way relieved when she sees a text from Lois, asking her to help her carry some boxes to the basement. She pats her father on the back as she passes him, stoping for a moment at the door frame, so she could teasingly wave and grin.

"Nope, I don't want any part in this little game of yours, it is enough that I'm still paying my price for that tweet of yours...now if you will excuse me, Lois' needs me...good luck, see you in an hour"