Chapter 7 - Rock

A/N:
I had to fix some spelling mistakes and a few grammatical errors, so don't worry, nothing else changed.

Tanjiro's POV
-----------------------

"Tanjiro, if I see another demon I don't think I will be able to continue," Zenitsu said quietly, tears in his eyes. He was currently kneeling on the ground, gripping onto my checkered haori.

We had just fought off the first demon we saw on our way to the town. Inosuke and I had no troubles since they weren't very strong, but on the
other hand, Zenitsu wasn't having it.

"It's okay, Zenitsu, they were one of the weaker one's," I say with a faint worried smile as Inosuke was kicking the disappearing corpse of the demon behind us.

"Let's get going, we've no time to waste," I say, readjusting Nezuko's box on my back.

We had been on the road for around a day or so, no where near our targeted destination. I look up, shielding my eyes from the rising sunlight as the autumn leaves drift onto the ground below. I wonder if this person is doing alright at the moment.

Y/N's POV
-----------------------

A man in a long, black robe had supposedly bought me earlier today, shortly before Makoto came in to check on my healing wrist. I overheard him telling the tall man, Kurai, that he would help "prepare" me. When I asked him what he had meant by that, he told me it was his only way of checking on my wrist without arousing suspicion. Apparently, my wrist was nearly healed, though it's still in no condition to do much.

I lay there on the cellar ground in deep thought of my day so far to keep myself from going insane and to fully realize what was happening. I stretch my wrist, that was slightly fractured, into the air, wishing for the sun to fall upon my face. I could just barley make out the sound of a flock of birds squawking at each other, along with footsteps approaching the door.

I quickly place my hand at my side as the door swings open. The stout man, whose name was Daku, walked in with Kurai and the man who had given them coins earlier.

I guess it was time.

My eyes drift over to the room behind the door that I rarely get to see, and then I spot a nervous looking Makoto. My vision soon gets taken over by the three in front.

"Get up," Daku said with an intimidating tone of voice.

I avert my gaze back onto the molded ceiling, too tired to move even a little.

"I said get up," he slightly raised his voice in pure rage.

I continue to ignore him.

He quickly grasps the keys from Kurai's hands and finally swings open the barred gate. I slightly lift my head up, scared of what he was going to do to demonstrate the small amount of movement I can make. He seizes the cloak that was draped over the beautiful clothes underneath as an effort to get me to properly sit up, which I do.

As I was shaking out of fright, his hands slam against my secured mask, failing to successfully knock it off.

"Up," he repeats, glaring directly into my eyes and not letting go of my mask.

I immediately rise up, then stagger and nearly trip. He yanks a hold of my shoulders as the other two in the room just stand there with Makoto in the doorway who was watching with pity. I tense in Daku's grasp. This wasn't the first time he's done something like this throughout the time I've been here, as he's done worse, and has also has left me alone some days. I haven't had a proper meal until around four days ago when Makoto gave me a loaf of bread.

Daku clicks a pair of chains onto my wrists and drags me out as I slightly wince in pain, the man and Kurai following closely behind. Kurai slams open the front door, leading Daku and I out of the alleyway and revealing the glistening, beautiful moonlight that I had missed almost as much as I had missed the sun. The world halts and the searing pain in my wrist stops in those few seconds that my eyes soak up the faint glow of the full moon shining down on me. The stars have never looked so beautiful before today. My trance was snapped away as I was kicked forward into the abandoned streets of the night.

"Hurry it up," Daku said.

I look downward at the ground, sadness overtaking my heart and expression. I'd rather rot in the prison than be sold off.

"My wagon is just over there," I heard the man say, though he was muffled by the pounding from inside my head.

I slowly take a deep breath as an attempt to clear my mind.

"Alright," another kick to the heels, "We'll bring her right over."

I breathe out quickly as I, once again, nearly fall to the ground. The pounding grew louder. My vision blurred as I looked to see a large, black horse rearing on its hind legs.

"Woah-" I heard someone yell in the chaos as the colors melted together into a blob in front of me, "Where'd that come from?"

"Keep going, it'll be fine," Kurai said, increasing the intense ringing in my ear.

"Stop-" Makoto yelled as I was about to be thrown onto the platform of the wagon.

I fell onto my knees as Daku flopped onto the ground near me with someone on top of him. My vision focuses on a large rock in the gravel that was currently piercing my skin.

I wished the rock would strike that hooded man and prevent all of this from happening at this moment.

I blink, and right before my eyes fully closed, I could have sworn I saw the rock zoom away. I quickly reopen my eyes, snapping back into the present. All of the sounds came back at full force, the world moved at a normal pace, and my vision was completely cleared.

The rock was gone.

A/N:

Hope you enjoyed! I couldn't really convey my imagery into words, so sorry for the abstract descriptions.

-Rolo