Chapter 15 - The Return

A lot has happened in my personal life, but I decided to update. Might upload again tomorrow? Who knows?

I guess this is a sort of filler chapter?

Onto a happier tune, THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR SUPPORT! I probably would have discontinued this story if it weren't for all of your encouraging comments! Every time I thought about stopping, someone commented something that made my day brighten!

Also, I never thought I'd reach 4K views (almost 5k!)!

I THANK YOU ALL FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART!
- Rolo

Y/N's POV
———————————————————————

"You are far prettier in person," I said to Inosuke as we made our way over to Tamayo's.

"What's that supposed to mean?" he said in anger, "Are you challenging me or something?"

Tanjiro and I laughed, "No, Inosuke, I'm just saying you appear to be more of an otherworlder than I do in terms of looks!"

He tilted his head in confusion, "How would I be another world? That doesn't make any sense!"

Zenitsu heaved a big, impatient sigh, "She said 'Otherworlder' you idiot!"

"It doesn't matter what she said, I never left this stupid world once!" Inosuke crosses his arms over his chest.

"I never said you were an otherworlder," I interrupt their argument, "Only that you look like the description of one."

"Then let me see your face and we'll have Monjiro over here be the judge!" Inosuke lunged at me, hands outstretched to take off my mask.

"I don't think so!" Zenistu said, blocking Inosuke's path. The two collided into each other. "You have to treat a lady with respect, and you can't just take her mask without permission," he said shyly.

"Well, look who's talking," I rolled my eyes. This was going to be a long day.

—Slight-Time-Skip—

"Huh?" Tanjiro said in confusion, "I could have sworn it was here somewhere."

"Oh, please," Zenistu said in a cocky manner, "that Yushiro guy must have placed another barrier!" he proceeded to run into a wall, causing Inosuke to burst into hysterical laughter.

"I guess she's not here," I sighed, "Didn't she have to leave last time?"

Tanjiro took a moment to think, "You're right, but I thought she came back," his thoughts deepened, causing lines to form on his forehead, "Especially with all of those recent Muzan sightings."

Zenistu's POV
———————————————————————

"Excuse me?" I heard someone say after Inosuke's obnoxious laughter subdued.

I nervously turned toward the person, "Please tell me you didn't see that?"

"See what?" the tall man questioned with a confused look on his face.

I sigh in relief, "Nevermind," I clear my throat, "How may I help you?" I smile nervously.

"Oh, uh, my name is Makoto," he trailed off.

He seemed to have seen something eye catching as he spaced out mid-conversation. Did he perhaps see a pretty girl?

Out of curiosity, I turned to see what he was staring at, and I spotted Y/N and Tanjiro talking. I look over at the man suspiciously, "I'm sorry, sir, but I think she's a little too young for you."

The man named Makoto flinched, "What? No!" he struggled to find words.

"I don't know, you seem pretty flustered," I squint at him in a disgusted manner.

He straightened out his long overcoat, "I'll just be straightforward," he cleared his throat, "Is that girl's name Y/N?"

My eyes grow wide, "No, you may not see her face before I do!"

The man grew impatient, "Listen, kid, I asked for her name. I have no interest in seeing her face, and I was the one who helped her escape!"

I had no idea what he was talking about, so my suspicion only grew.

"Look, previous demon slayer to a current demon slayer, that girl is in danger," a serious expression appeared on the man's annoyed face.

"You were a demon slayer?" I completely disregarded the most important part of his previous sentence.

"Well, my brother was, but still-"

"Oh, then nevermind," I turn away from the man, uninterested in hearing his words that were most likely made up. He probably wanted to benefit from meeting an otherworlder by seeing a beautiful face.

"Makoto?" a beautiful voice that sounded like a melody said.

"Y/N!" I turn toward her with a smile, "This guy claims to know you, but don't worry, I'll protect you from him!"

She walks directly past me.

"Y/N! I've been looking for you everywhere!" this Makoto guy placed his hand on her shoulder, a worried expression crossed his face.

How come he was allowed to touch her shoulder, but I wasn't? A hint of jealousy bubbles within me.

"Y/N? Who is this?" Tanjiro also walked past me and toward Makoto.

"Oh, this guy is practically my savior!"

Makoto smiles, "Don't be so dramatic, I just helped wrap up that hand of yours."

Y/N gasps in realization, "Oh, right! You said you were a doctor once, right?" She turned toward Makoto hopefully.

"Well, yeah, but I was never advanced or anything-"

"Great! Can you treat their wounds?" Y/N indicates towards Inosuke and Tanjiro's locations.

"Alright, but first I have something to say to you-"

Y/N cuts him off yet again, "No, we can talk after they are fixed up."

I never thought a female would ever irritate me, but she should at least let the poor man finish a sentence! Nezuko would never interrupt anyone!