.xi

CATACLYSM
☽☾
"CHASING DEATH"

AMARA OFTEN wondered how her life would have been without war. She wondered what it would be like to live without the worry of death, to live without a fleet of storm troopers combing through every street, to just...live. She always dreamed of the days back on Alderaan where her mother and father both happily raised her, of the days where she'd run freely around the streets playing games with her friends. But at the same time, Amara couldn't help but wonder how she'd live without war. War itself is what has forged her into who she is today. Without it, she'd be nobody. 

"We need a map." Cassian stated as he fixed the gloves on his hands. And he was right. None of them had any idea where they were going and Amara feared this place would end up being too large for them to blindly find data vault they're looking for. 

"Well, I'm sure there's one just lying about." K2 said, deep down knowing it'd have to be him who'd get the map and that was something the droid did not want to do.

Cassian scoffed as he looked to K2. "You know what you have to do." He said.

Before K2 could even fathom a reason to argue the steel doors slid open granting the four access to the tower. Amara drew in a shaky breath before letting it out. "Here we go." She mumbled as she took her first step out of the light rail. 

Already the place was larger than Amara expected. Deep down she had hoped that there would be less troops inside, though she knew that was just wishful thinking. And although the surrounding number of troopers made her uneasy, she was glad none of them paid the four any attention. They all moved in groups and walked fairly fast which meant none of them held eyes on her for too long, which worked extremely well on Amara's behalf. The baggy pants she wore did the job of making her brace nearly unidentifiable but it didn't keep it invisible. If anyone stared at it for too long she was sure they'd realize what was underneath.

Amara kept her gaze ahead of her, not daring to send anyone or anything a side glance, that is until her eyes landed on an Imperial droid of K2's design. It was walking extremely slow compared to K2 who matched Amara's faster strides. "K." Amara whispered. "You're walking too fast, slow down or you'll blow our cover."

"Says the one with a metal brace poking through their pants." K2 shot back, causing Amara to shoot him a look underneath her helmet. 

"Be quiet." Cassian scolded as they rounded a corner. 

The group walked in silence for a minute more until they finally came across another droid like K2 alone. Cassian, Amara, and Jyn guarded the terminal K2 hid in while he searched the droid's memory bank for a map. It was a few minutes later where K2 had finally finished.