.x

CATACLYSM
☽☾
"A NEW HOPE"

FEAR WAS the only thing pumping through Amara's veins as she stared ahead at the blue funnel of hyperspace. She had no doubts about her decision and zero regrets but that didn't mean she wasn't scared. By joining this mission she willingly signed a death contract but learning to accept her fate was going to be hard. She still had a life to live, had people who would miss her. But in the end, this was more important than her life. After all, Amara figured rather take death than a life of enslavement.

"How long have you been piloting ships?" Bodhi asked as he leaned back in the co-pilot's seat. The two had been making small conversations throughout the flight in hopes to distract themselves of their nerves. And for the most part it worked even if it was only for a few minutes at a time, it helped to focus on something other than their impending deaths. 

"Since I was ten." Amara answered as she turned to look at him. "My mother was a pilot, taught me almost everything I know." 

A small smile formed on Bodhi's face. "That must've been nice." He said.

In deep within Amara's mind resided a woman with dark thick curls pulled back out of her face, though the binder used to keep the woman's hair back did little to protect her eyes from the shorter pieces of hair in the front that dropped down over her face. She wore a bright smile on her face, her deep brown eyes twinkling with joy as she smiled widely at the younger Amara she held tightly within her arms. A small smile of her own formed on Amara's face at the memory of her mother. "It was." 

Before she could even ask Bodhi the same question he had her, the ship was pulled from hyperspace revealing their destination ahead. Amara had never been to Scarrif before, growing up she had hardly ever left Alderaan except for a few visits to Naboo with her mother. But even when she had taken the job of watching over the princess the planet never came up on their list to visit, mainly because the planet had become home to an Imperial base. The planet was blue, very blue. It looked promising in the aspect of warmth and had it not been home to an Imperial base, Amara might have even considered stopping by after this little mission of theirs for a vacation of sorts. 

"Okay. We're coming in." Bodhi informed Jyn who had just recently appeared behind the two. "There's a planet-wide defensive shield with a single main entry gate. The shuttle should be equipped with a single main entry gate. This shuttle should be equipped with an access code that allows us through."

"Assuming the Empire hasn't logged it as overdue." K2 cut in.

A look of worry flashed across Jyn's face as she looked from K2 to Bodhi, "And if they have?" She asked.