1. Introduction

It was a cold, cloudy morning in England. The smell of rain filled the air. This weather may have been off putting to many, but to the natives of Diagon Alley, it was a beautiful day. As long as it wasn't raining, the average wizard and witch loved the cloudy skies above the busy street. It was a normal day, but some people had already begun to start shopping for their children's upcoming years at Hogwarts. Kids of all ages were running around with smiles on their faces. Adults were double checking their shopping lists, ensuring they had purchased everything they needed. The line for Ollivander's was getting longer by the hour.

It was here in Diagon Alley that a young looking man sat down on a bench to read the morning issue of The Daily Prophet. He quickly skipped the front page; nothing new except something about Harry Potter, the famous Auror. But he went directly to the middle of the paper, where he found an article containing his name. In his mind, he began to read the article.

"Diagon Alley will have a brand new store opening up this week! After multiple attempts at getting his paperwork settled, Mr. Jack Knight will finally get the chance to become a permanent resident of the famed street where many famed witches and wizards began their lives. Mr. Knight is quite a character, and it was a privilege to have him for an interview for this momentous occasion.

Mr. Knight was born in the United States and spent much of his youth across the Atlantic Ocean. After graduating from Ilvermorny School of Witchcraft and Wizardry at an incredibly young age of 14, he transferred over to Hogwarts for two years of advanced education. He set multiple academic records during his time at Hogwarts, records only broken by the now Minister of Magic, Mrs. Hermione Granger.

As well as being an intelligent man, Mr. Knight is also a one of a kind person. Jack Knight is what many call a Centenarian. Incredibly rare and all but forgotten, Centenarians are wizards with longevity properties given to them ages and ages ago. This would make Mr. Knight 140 in age at the time he graduated Ilvermorny, but still biologically 14 years old. If you're wondering how old Mr. Knight is, he gave us a little trick to make it easier for us who are not so familiar with Centenarians. 'If you want to know a Centenarian's age, just ask for their normal age, then add a zero at the end. For example, My normal age is twenty five, but my actual age is 250.'

Being able to live so long has allowed Mr. Knight to witness multiple historical events and meet many famous people who are long gone first hand. He was good friends with Newt Scamander, author of the famous Fantastic Beasts and Where To Find Them. He was also very good friends with Former Headmaster of Hogwarts, Albus Dumbledore, and current Headmistress of Hogwarts, Minerva McGonagall. There is one major disadvantage to being a Centenarian and Knight humorously explained it in his interview. 'It's a bit annoying waiting a literal century for your tenth birthday. You age so slow that you feel like nothing moves along and you're stuck. But I guess it's nice to know I'll be alive to see the next couple hundred Quidditch World Cups.'

Knight also witnessed both Wizarding Wars. While he was off in America during the first war, Knight found himself in England during the second. He claims to have had no part in the war, stating that he never engaged in combat with another wizard during that time.

Knight also has a love for muggle culture, and finds it disappointing that muggles are not treated in America as well as they are treated in England, which he claims is one of the biggest reasons he decided to live here full time. Knight says that his shop will have multiple muggle items and treasures that crowds both young and old can enjoy.

With the grand opening of his new shop happing in two days, many are excited for what he, both literary and figuratively, has in store. The name of the store will be revealed on opening day, as Mr. Knight joked he hasn't had much time to think about the name due to all the permits and paperwork he's had to go through. Regardless of name, we encourage you to visit Mr. Knight's store two days from now and take a peak at what the young man has in stock! Our warmest welcome and best wishes go out to Mr. Jack Knight. Welcome to Diagon Alley!"

The young man put the newspaper down after finishing the article.

"I can't believe it" he said as he looked at the paper once again.

"They spelled my name wrong! I told them there was no 'K' in my last name" Jack exclaimed. He looked at the paper with the typo everywhere. Although he didn't exactly like it, he couldn't help himself from chuckling and smiling a bit. He folded the paper nicely and left the bench, walking down the street. It was still two days away, but Jack was eager to get started. He looked at the street as he could hear the laughter of children and the joyful conversations of parents. He was happy that he was given the chance to be here, and he was setting out to make the absolute most of it.

Faceclaims

Jake Gyllenhaal as Jack Night

Jack's Outfit