2. Night's Nearly Everything Emporium

Jack had spent the entire next day cleaning the shop. Today was the big day for him. As he sat down behind his desk and began to read one of his favorite books, his head popped up and remembered something.

"Nearly forgot to reveal the sign" Jack chuckled to himself.

He walked outside and looked up at his store. It was painted a brilliant blue, Jack's favorite color, with black trimming around the whole building. He smiled at what his hard work had earned him, and now, he would get to live out his dream. He pulled out his 13 inch wand made of ebony wood and aimed it a banner covering the name of the sign.

"Accio, banner" he casted. The banner came slowly to him and fell on the ground. He proceeded to fold it up and look at his sign, which read

"NIGHT'S NEARLY EVERYTHING EMPORIUM"

In the window there was a smaller sign that customers would see upon first glance of the storefront which read

"I'll search the entire store to find what you're looking for!"

As Jack was making his way back into the store, someone called out to him.

"Excuse me! Are you the new owner of this store?" The stranger yelled.

Jack walked over to him, "Indeed I am. Jack Night, it's a pleasure to meet you."

"Charles Leonard, owner of Leonard's Luxury Items. Charmed."

"That's an amazing accent you have!"

"Yes, well your accent is very...American."

"Oh yeah, I am from America. I spent a good chunk of my life here in England though!"

"Oh really, how long?"

"Oh about a good forty years."

"Forty years? You don't look a day over 25!"

"Oh, well I'm a centenarian."

"I beg your pardon? I've never heard of such a thing, what exactly does that mean?"

"I just age rather differently than the rest of the population. I'm 250 to be exact."

"Interesting. Well, is it true that you have everything in your store?"

"Not everything James, nearly everything."

"Well good luck to you. Welcome to Diagon Alley."

Charles shook Jack's hand, a bit more firmly than Jack was expecting. As Charles stalked off to his store, Jack looked at his hand and then at Charles. He wasn't accustomed to Diagon Alley yet, but he was certain that handshake was less than friendly. He payed no attention to it as he walked back to his store. He checked his watch to see that it was 8:00am, time for opening. With a flick of his wand, his closed sign switched to an open sign.

The rush of Hogwarts students was thrilling for Jack to watch. He had already had multiple students enter his store with items on their list specifically stating to buy the need supplies at his store. As more and more people began to enter and become familiar with Jack and his magnificent store, many more people instantly fell in love with it. As the morning drew on and more customers began to arrive, Jack was one of the busiest stores on Diagon Alley. Amid the busy store, Jack noticed a family with their young son, presumably a first year. The kid appeared to be nervous, and so Jack took it upon himself to talk to him and hopefully give him some confidence.

"Hey there kid, what's your name?"

"D-David, sir."

"David? That's a great name! I'm Mr. Night, nice to meet you."