Chapter 8) Night Terrors.

Weeks had passed since the somewhat intimate event between the two superiors. Although, Kylo Ren and General Hux had avoided each other like the plague and hadn't seen each other for the entire week prior.

General Hux had left the interaction, feeling himself being utterly confused about his feelings. Even worse, he hadn't been sleeping. Normally, the ginger would either get to sleep late or wake up in the night for unusual reasons. But now, it was nightmares.

Feel as if you're drowning and waking up with a dry cry for help leaving your throat kinda nightmares.

So, to cope with his sleepless nights, he filled his life with work and kept sleep at bay with whiskey and cigarettes in his office. The general hadn't returned to his room a week after the dreams started. It had been four weeks- approximately.

"General Hux," a voice said from the door, distorted, and Hux had nearly leapt out of his skin in fear of it being Kylo Ren. It was only Phasma- his closest thing to a friend.

"Ah, Phasma, what can I do for you?" Hux questioned, quickly rubbing his eyes to seem more lively as he began to pour himself another dosage of whiskey. "Needing me to cover paperwork for a 'killed in action' report?"

Phasma shook her head, walking over and sitting down in the chair in front of Hux and removing her helmet after a moment. Her short, blonde, tousled hair fell into place as he dropped her helmet to the floor beside her. It was a rare sight to see Phasma without her helmet, even for Hux. "I'm here for a catch-up, Armitage."

"Still taunting me with my name I see," Hux scoffed, a smirk slipping onto his lips as he pulled another glass from his desk and poured some more whiskey. He handed her the glass, before he rose his own, his smirk turning into something more mischievous.

"To my dead father, and his beloved catch-ups."

"I'll get that report to you tomorrow, Armitage," Phasma said, a small smile on her lips as he threw the rest of the liquid in her glass to the back of her throat. Quickly, she put her helmet on and left Hux smoking a cigarette at his desk.

Alone again.

Huffing, he collected the glasses and put them into his draw before putting away all his work. He took a drag from his cigarette, enjoying its taste before exhaling. Hux now sat debating what he should do due to his growing drowsiness.

His quarters it was.

"Ren. Help me."

Kylo Ren had been in one of the many training rooms, training late into the ship's cycle. He was just finished zipping up his uniform as he felt the force call out to him. It was Hux.

Ren hadn't dared talk to Hux since their moment, fearing all things would fall out of place and crumble back into chaos. He almost enjoyed knowing he wasn't doing something stupid. But he missed the bickering, the sly comments and occasionally the touch of the General.

So with four weeks of the pair ignoring one another, he caved so quickly at the desperation in the tone he heard.

The Sith Lord rushed through the corridors, passing Lieutenant Mitaka as he went and stopped to ask for directions. The Lieutenant was caught off guard, stuttering their answer of "I have no idea, Lord Ren," before being moved aside while Ren used the force to locate the troubled soul.

Ren had reached Hux's door. He used the force to grant him access as he walked into the darkroom. Ren found himself locating the keypad by the door, pressing buttons till a small light came on in the corner of the room. The light in questioning was a small box light attached to the wall, used as a reading light for when laying in the bed below it. How strange, Hux wasn't in bed.