Part 19 - Nothing Ever Lasts When Tom Is Around..

*KIMBERLY'S POV*

Nathan had given me the best day of my life.

Sure I'd had other good days in my life, but nothing will beat what has happened today.

It has totally changed my opinion of Nathan and I should have listened to people at the beginning. It would have saved a lot of time. But then I wouldn't have been able to have this day because we would have been friends from the start. And that would have been boring.

No one wants to be friends straight away.

To be friends, you have to workl for it. I think Nathan has worked very hard for this friendship. I'm glad that he's finally got what he wanted. It has taken a while but it was worth it. It has been a bumpy ride to get to this point but it has also been fun.

What friendship doesn't have its downs?

It just so happens that mine and Nathan's friendship has had far more lows than it has highs.

That can all change from today though. I'm going to make sure of that one. And I don't even care what Tom says or thinks. He's made his opinion of me very clear so he can have no more say in my life. My choices. Nothing to do with him from now on.

The car drive from town to Jay's was only five minutes. I could have walked, but he insisted on driving me back. Something about wanting to keep me safe from weird people on the streets. Impossible considering Jay's street is full of weird people. And I've only been there a day.

"So, be ready for half seven..." Nathan said as we pulled up outside Jay's. He was stood outside with the biggest grin ever on his face. He seemed pretty proud with himself and that's no surprise really. He had, afterall, convinced me to go out with Nathan for the day.

"I'll make sure I'm ready before that. Don't want to be caught out by you..." I laughed back at him.

"Well I'll see you at whatever time I decide to turn up!" he chuckled back at me.

"Bye Nath..."

"Bye Kim..." he replied. I hit him lightly on the arm as I got out of the car, a smile appearing on my face as I watched Nathan drive away from me. It was weird knowing that Nathan had made me feel this way since I was used to him to being an annoying twat who thought he could use me for anything. Just because he was in Tom's house; where I happened to be living at the time.

I'd rather he made me feel happy instead of making me feel the way that he used to. I loved this feeling and I never wanted it to end.

"So?" Jay said as I reached the top of the stairs which led to the front door.

"So?" I replied.

"How did it go?" he asked with a cheeky smile as he closed the front door behind me.

"It went awful. My opinion of him hasn't changed at all, I still think he's a total twat..." I stated trying my best not to laugh. But I couldn't do it. I let out a massive laugh after I had finished speaking which gave away the fact that I was lying. But I think Jay knew I was lying before I even said anything to him.

"You can't even lie about it because you had that much fun, didn't you?"

"I had an amazing time. I couldn't have been more wrong about someone and I'm glad I listened to you and Emma when you told me to give him a chance. It has been the best day of my life..." I said. A smile appearing on my face as I spoke these words. There was no hiding how happy I was. I was extremely happy. There was no denying that fact.

"Are you going out with him again?"

"You're nosey aren't you?"

"I'm your bestfriend, I have a right to know..." he laughed at me.