Room 260

November in Safinsa is just what you would expect. Autumn weather, trees changing colors, and colder temperatures. But, today was not like that; today temperatures were high, the sun was out and blaring.

Lucifer had just left to go do an interview with Rodney. Chloe and Tyler are making their way outside to the front lawn where the ceremony is being held. There is a stage set up next to the statue which is covered in a silk sheet. There are chairs set up in front of the stage in rows with people slowing making their way in. They make it up to the front row and take their seats. Chloe looks around admiring everything that has been put into the event and she's excited to see Lucifer have his moment... but then all of a sudden all she sees is blackness.

Tyler looks over just as Chloe falls out of her seat. He quickly leans over and catches her before her head smashes into the ground. The guards looking after her approach as Tyler calls over the paramedics that were already stationed at the event. They try and wake her up while also doing a preliminary check of her stats. There's no luck at waking her, her bp is elevated and her pulse is weak, so they load her onto a gurney and into the ambulance.  Tyler rides along with them while a carload of guards follow behind.

Meanwhile, Rodney is notified via radio that Chloe has been taken to the hospital. Lucifer is currently in the middle of a live interview so he has a choice to make. Does he interrupt Lucifer's interview or wait until it's done?

He motions to the producers behind the camera to stop the interview.

"Oh. I am getting word to stop the interview..." the TV anchor says as she looks around at her producers.
Lucifer turns and looks for who is responsible too. He sees Rodney talking into his radio with a worried look on his face, and gets up and walks over to him.

"Rodney, what's wrong?" Lucifer asks.
Rodney looks at Lucifer straight in the eyes. "Your Majesty, Chloe has been taken to the hospital..."
Lucifer's eyes widen in fear. He doesn't know what to do or think.
"We don't know exactly what happened. She fainted and her stats were very high... Tyler is with her..." Rodney informs him trying to keep him calm.
"I need to... I need to go!" Lucifer says, panicked. "I need a car to take me to the hospital now!"
Rodney nods and calls on his radio for a car while Lucifer takes a few breaths.

The car arrives, Lucifer and Rodney get in and then they rush to the hospital.

Once they arrive at the hospital, Lucifer is the first one to get out before the car is even in park. He rushes through the doors and up to the front desk.

The secretary is truly stunned at who she is talking to right now. "Your Majesty. It's a..."
"I'm sorry, I don't mean to be rude..." Lucifer interrupts. "But, Chloe Decker?"
"Yes, of course. She's in Room 260. Right down this hall." She says, pointing to her right.
Lucifer turns and rushes down the hallway until he gets to the room labeled 260. He opens the door and sees his girlfriend laying in the hospital bed with a few blankets and an oxygen tube on her face. Tyler is sitting in one of the chairs, but stands up as soon as he sees Lucifer come in.

"Your Majesty, I can explain..." Tyler says. Lucifer isn't looking at Tyler; his only concern right now is Chloe. "We were just sitting there waiting for the ceremony to start and then I look over and she is starting to fall out of her seat. I catch her before she slammed her head on the ground and I called the paramedics over but they couldn't wake her and her stats were super high. I wanted to notify you myself, but I also didn't want her to be alone. Especially because she's not from here..."
"Tyler." Lucifer cuts in before Tyler has a full on mental breakdown.
He stops rambling and looks at Lucifer, who then puts his hand out for a handshake.
"Thank you. You did the right thing." Lucifer says as they shake hands.
Tyler smiles so big. "My pleasure, Your Majesty."

Just then, a doctor walks in. "Ahh, you must be the family..."
Lucifer turns around and the doctor realizes who he is talking to. He stops and is speechless for a moment.
"Ahh... haha... okay... you are... King Lucifer." The doctor says nervously.
"Correct." Lucifer says.
"Uh, Your Majesty, it is a pleasure... an honor..."
"Yeah, yeah. Now... about Chloe." Lucifer cuts right to the point.
"Yes, right. Miss Decker passed out from heat exhaustion." The doctor explains. "Most likely due to this increase in temperature recently.
Lucifer nods as the doctor continues.

"She should be able to recover naturally with time. We do have liquids we can give her to help and make her more comfortable but we are waiting on proof of insurance..."
Lucifer looks up at the doctor and holds up his hand.
"How's this for 'proof of insurance'?" He says as the doctor looks at his black King's Ring.
"Yes, sir. We will begin right away."
The doctor leaves and a few minutes later three nurses come in and set Chloe up with an IV.

Within the hour, Chloe slowly starts to wake up. She opens her eyes and everything is blurry at first, but as things begin to get clearer, she sees Lucifer sitting next to her bed.
"Well, look who's back." Lucifer says with a smile.
"Lucifer. You're here."
"Of course I am. Where else would I be?"
"But, your ceremony..."
Lucifer leans over and puts his hand on Chloe's.
"Nothing is more important to me right now, than being here with you, Chloe."
She smiles at his words. "What happened?"

"Well, from what I was told. You passed out and almost fell out of your seat. Tyler was there and caught you before you hit your head on the ground. There was already a medical staff there, so you and Tyler were rushed here." Lucifer explains as Chloe looks around trying to recall anything.
"I was in an interview, a live interview, when this all happened. Rodney informed me of everything and we rushed here soon after."
"Do they know why I passed out?" Chloe asks.
"Your doctor said it was heat exhaustion. They gave you some liquids in your IV that should help get you back to normal." Lucifer says.
Chloe looks at her IV.

"They almost didn't want to give you anything because they needed 'proof of insurance'... proof that you had a way to pay the bill for treatment. But, I just flashed them my ring and they changed their tune real fast." Lucifer explains.

Chloe looks at Lucifer's ring and then back at him.

"Lucifer, I didn't get any special treatment did I?" Chloe asks.
Lucifer scoffs. "Ha! Of course you did. They wanted to put you on a waiting list for treatment, but one look at this... and you were top priority. As you should be." Lucifer says while holding up his hand again.
"Lucifer, I don't need any special treatment!"
"I know, but you deserve it. If I wasn't here, you'd still be passed out, probably still in the waiting room. All I had to do was just flash..."
"Flash your ring... I get it. What is it with that thing anyway?" Chloe interrupts.
Lucifer stops and looks at his ring and then back at Chloe.