The Ceremony

They arrive at the palace and to Lucifer's surprise, there is still a crowd of people waiting. The driver parks and Lucifer and Chloe get out. He escorts her to her seat, with Tyler following behind. They share a quick kiss and then he heads backstage.

A few minutes pass and then a man in a suit walks on stage.
"Ladies and gentlemen, for the moment you have been waiting for. I present, His Majesty, King Lucifer." The man announces and then everyone stands up and claps as Lucifer makes his way to the middle of the stage.

"Thank you." Lucifer begins. The crowd sits back down to listen to Lucifer's speech. "Thank you all for coming out today... again. I apologize for the delay earlier. A small case of heat exhaustion got the best of someone very close to me, but all is well now, so let's get this show on the road, shall we?"
The crowd claps and cheers and then Lucifer begins his speech. I won't bore you with the entire speech, but he talks about the meaning of the statue and the importance of remembering his father and his legacy.

"And, lastly, I would like to bring up the local artists that have worked so hard over the past four months to complete this statue." The group of artists begin to make their way up on stage while Lucifer continues. "I must say they are beyond talented and the work they have created will live on forever. So, a round of applause for all of these amazing artists."
The crowd cheers and claps for the artists.
"Now, without further ado... let's see this statue!"
A crew member comes from backstage and pulls the silk sheet off to reveal the new statue of Lucifer.
The crowd goes crazy with claps, cheers, oohs and ahhs. Lucifer is utterly amazed at the sight of himself in statue form. He claps and stands back to give the artists more attention.
Once the crowd calms down a little bit, Lucifer makes his final remarks and then closes out the ceremony. Everyone stands up and begins to leave. Chloe and Tyler join Lucifer on stage to get some photos with the statue and artists.

* * *

Back in Lucifer's room, Chloe begins to pack her suitcase because they are leaving for LA tomorrow.
"Hey, I can have someone pack that for you, if you'd like." Lucifer offers.
"Lucifer, I can pack my own bag."
"I know, but I can think of other things we could do..."
Chloe stops folding and looks up at Lucifer.
"You want to have sex with me while a staff member packs my bags?" She asks.
"No. Of course not... When they're done."
Chloe chuckles and goes back to folding and packing.
"It's going to take me, maybe, 20 minutes. And, shouldn't you be packing too?"
"I am packed. See..." He points to the side wall where there are two suitcases.
"Let me guess, you didn't pack those yourself?"
"No, why would I do that?" Lucifer smirks at her and she rolls her eyes at him.

Chloe finishes packing and then they both get in bed.
"Are you excited to go back home?" Lucifer asks.
Chloe exhales. "I'm excited to see Trixie and I'm excited to go back to work but... this has all just been like a dream... Like a weird dream."
He looks at her with confusion.
"Come on... finding out that my boyfriend is a king. Like an actual King... staying in his palace... with staff and assistants and guards. And then I get to sleep with him... Come on. I've slept with a King." Chloe explains excitedly.
Lucifer smiles real big at that last part. "Ha! Yes, you did. Multiple times I might add."
"You see, I do miss home... but I am also going to miss this place too." She says while resting her head on his chest.

"Well, it's not going anywhere. We can come back anytime you'd like. Just say the word. We can even bring that little urchin next time." Chloe giggles at him. "Even if it's just for the weekend..."
"Lucifer, that sounds amazing. It might take her a little time to warm up to the idea though."
"Not a problem. You take all the time your need. I can wait." Lucifer assures her. They share a kiss and then turn the lights off and go to bed.

* * *