Cold Hard Cash

Lucifer was right... 8am bright and early the next morning, he arrives at Chloe's place dressed in his typical suit along with two young men.

"Good morning detective."
"Good morning Lucifer."
"All ready to go?"
"Yeah let me just get my last bag." She walks towards the living room where her suitcase and carry on are all packed up.
"Oh, no need. Guys." Lucifer let's the two men in to carry out Chloe's bags to the car.
"Lucifer, I can carry my own bags. Who even were those guys?"
"Oh, just some of my staff." Chloe rolls her eyes at him.
"Okay, well Trixie is staying with Dan and I got all the lights... just need to lock up." She motions for him to go out the front door. She locks the door then turns around to see Lucifer waiting for her. "Okay, all set."
"Alright, then off we go." They walk down her driveway and get into one of his sports cars. The two men who helped have already left to drop off their luggage.

It's about a fifteen minute drive from Chloe's place to LAX. They take the exit and are about to make it there but Lucifer continues to drive past the arrivals entrance. Chloe points at the entrance sign as they drive past and then looks at him confused. He smiles at her not taking his eyes off the road. "He's up to something." Chloe thinks to herself, but she just let's him go.

They pull into a gated runway where a decent size private jet is waiting. Big blue letters at the tail of the aircraft spell out "SAFINSA 1". Lucifer parks his car and quickly gets out and walks to Chloe's side to open her door.
"Safinsa 1, huh?"
"Yes. Only the best for, you know, the King. And his girlfriend." She smirks at him as he shuts the door behind her.

The two men from earlier are loading their luggage into the jet while the flight captain comes over to greet Lucifer and Chloe.
"Ahh, captain, so good to see you again."
"Always a pleasure, Your Majesty." Chloe whips her head up and stares at the captain and then looks at Lucifer. She must have heard him wrong.
"And I don't believe we've met... Captain William Daily." He puts his hand out for a handshake.
"Hi. Chloe."
"It's a pleasure to meet you Chloe. You two have a great flight." And just like that, the captain turns around and heads back to the jet to do his pre-flight checklist.

"Shall we?" Lucifer puts his arm out for Chloe to go ahead of him. She takes a couple steps then stops.
"Did he just call you 'Your Majesty'?"
"Yes."
"Why?"
"Because that's my name. Detective, you're having a really hard time with this aren't you?"
"No. I'm just trying to figure out how you got all these people to believe your nonsense."
"I'm going to make you a believer here soon..." Chloe rolls her eyes at him then turns and walks towards the jet with Lucifer following behind. They take their seats; Chloe in a window seat and Lucifer in the aisle seat right next to her. Captain Daily finishes up his checklist and soon enough they are in the air.
"No turning back now." Chloe thinks to herself.

A few hours later, they begin their descent. When they land at Safinsa International Airport, the captain taxis the jet to an open tarmac where a huge group of people are waiting.
Chloe looks out her window to see tons of people taking pictures and waving with signs that say 'Welcome Back'. She also notices quite a lot of serious looking men with ear pieces and radios all dressed in black. "What the..."
Lucifer giggles. "Are you starting to believe me now?"
"Not in the slightest." She stands up are starts gathering her things.
"You really think I hired all those people to hold up fake signs and stand around?"
"I don't know. But, I'm going to figure out what you're up to!" She points at his face jokingly. He smiles back at her.
"Of course you will, my clever detective."

They de-board the jet and all Chloe can hear are screams of 'I love you', 'Welcome back' and 'King Lucifer'. She looks over and sees a few people unloading their luggage from the jet and putting it in the back of a big black car waiting on the tarmac. They make their way down the jet steps, Lucifer waves to the crowd which make them go crazy, then they both get into the backseat of the car.

"Hello Mr. Rodger. Nice to see you again."
"Your Majesty, always a pleasure. Who do we have here?"
"This is my lovely girlfriend Chloe." Lucifer looks at Chloe and smiles.
"Miss Chloe, honored to meet you."
"Yes, nice to meet you too."
Staff members finish loading Lucifer and Chloe's luggage in the back of the car and Rodger starts driving. They are lead out of the airport by a few police cars and then they start to make their way to Lucifer's palace.

"Well, are you convinced yet?" Chloe just looks at him not wanting to give her answer. He starts to get a tiny bit flustered. He just can't believe after everything she's seen so far, she still has her doubts. "What do I have to do? What will it take for you to believe me?"
She thinks for a bit. "Well, if you really are the King of..." she pauses unable to even say it out loud it sounds so crazy to her.
"Safinsa." Lucifer helps her.
"Safinsa... your face would be on its currency." She looks at him hoping to catch him for a loop and debunk his nonsense. He smiles so big back at her.
"Money...? I like the way you think detective." He reaches in his jacket pocket and pulls out a wad of cash. "Oh, it's all American. Ha! Well, I have been living there for the last couple months. Hold on."

Lucifer scoots to the front of the car. "Hey Rodger."
"Yes, sir." Rodger looks at him through the rear view mirror.
"Do you happen to have any cash on you?" He pauses for a second. "Don't worry, I'll give it back."
"Haha. Of course I do." He grabs his wallet that is in the front compartment and hands it to Lucifer.
"Thank you." He scoots back over to Chloe.

Lucifer opens the wallet and pulls out a few bills and hands them to Chloe.
"Here you are detective. Cold hard, devilishly handsome, cash."
They both smile at his weirdly accurate description. She takes the cash and looks it over, front and back. Lucifer's smile starts to fade, worrying she might still not believe him. He feels some coins in Rodger's wallet.
"Oh and here are some coins too?" He hands her the few coins from the wallet. She looks them over too and is just speechless.
Chloe takes a few seconds and then looks up at Lucifer.
"Well, do you believe me now?"
"Lucifer." They look into each other's eyes. Lucifer can tell something is off.
"Detective, are you alright?"
"Lucifer. It's all true." She cannot believe it. That son of bitch was telling the truth.
"Yes. Like I said. I am the..."
"King of Safinsa." She stares at him for a bit then looks out the window, still holding the cash.
Lucifer smiles so big at her. Finally she believes him. After months of trying to convince her, she finally knows who he really is.