The True Power Of Shoto Todoroki

Please, accept this very short chapter
-------------

Apparently, 'going out, or some shit' meant Shoto almost passing out from heat-stroke. It was fucking 50 degrees {F [10 C]} out, and this stupid-ass man almost made himself pass out with his own stupid quirk.

If I wasn't such a great person, I would have let him fall onto the floor, but noooo. I guess I care too much to let that happen. I caught him as he started swaying - right before he fell backwards onto the wood chips of the park.

I walked him over to a bench, where he took his sweet time cooling himself off. During which he insisted on trying to hold my hand a few times, but each time I refused and threatened to rip his throat out if he even dare try.

After what I considered enough time, I pulled him up and he settled for walking by my side, which I reluctantly agreed on. If I knew that 'dating' was going to be the same shit as we've been doing I would have just never asked, but... every time I see him smiling, just from me being in his proximity, I think, 'maybe it was fucking worth it'.

~

We got back home and immediately the Hag was pestering us (read: ME) about everything. She asked us where we went, if I got into a fight, what happened, why we were gone so long. Every question under the sun was asked, and in regular Katsuki Bakugou fashion, I ignored them.

"We're going up to my room," I warned as I began the journey, with Shoto hot on my heels. We arrived at my room and I knocked the door in and slammed it shut behind us, ignoring the yells from the kitchen.

According to Shoto, 'being together' means that he gets free reign over my room, unfortunately for him, I don't work like that. "The hell do you think you're doing?" I asked when I turned away from the door to see him sitting on my bed.

"I assumed you brought me up here to either talk or sleep."

"Well no... but actually, yes. Argh, that doesn't matter. This is my room, and you can't just walk in like you own the gosh-damned place." He started getting up from the bed. I inwardly growled at myself for snapping, "Fuck! Okay, just sit back down, I'm sorry - I think - for snapping at you. I'm tired and pissed off at everything."

He hesitantly sat back down while I paced around my room, growling, "Are you okay over there, Katsuki?"

I kept pacing, "Fuck if I know. What was the point of all this? Why go through all this bullshit? We're not doing anything different."

"If you're talking about 'us' then I don't know what the point is, I'm not sure anyone knows. I think it's more about how we feel more than what we're doing. So what if we're doing everything the same as before, so we might continue to argue about everything, I like the idea of spending time with you - and having a good reason now - don't you think so, too?" Who the fuck is this?

"When did you get so wise, oh Great Sage?" I taunted as I sat next to him, "I mean, I guess you're kinda right. Fuck if I know anything about this, and no way am I asking the hag for advice, she'd just embarrass the hell out of me."

"Maybe so, but can we please worry about all this in the morning? If you don't tell me otherwise then I'm laying down and falling asleep right here and now."

"Go ahead. I've gotten the best fucking sleep these past few days, aside from almost being kicked off. There's no way I'm not going to exploit that cold side of yours for as long as I can, even more so now." And immediately, he laid down with his cold side towards the free space that was for me.

I grabbed the mountain of blankets and threw them onto the bed as I climbed in, laying on my side, facing the room. Moving the blankets overtop I could then feel Shoto's arm floating overhead, as if he wasn't sure if I would rip it off or not. (I told him I was going to exploit the cold, and that's exactly what I plan to do). Without even looking back I told him, "You are allowed to hold me and all that sappy shit you know that, right? Like hell I'm not benefiting from this ordeal in any way possible." That confirmation was all he needed to wrap his arm around my waist and pull me in closer. He buried his head into my back as the temperature slowly dropped. And oh my fucking god was this one of the best fucking things to ever happen in the world (aside from me being born, of course).

~

That was the quickest I have ever fallen asleep. Last thing I remember was the feeling of Shoto snug behind me, and the tight grip of his arm, then the next thing I know, I'm waking up with my head on his stomach and one of my legs dangling off the edge of the bed. My pillow was missing and the blanket was messily strewn over mostly Shoto.

Speaking of Shoto, his right arm was resting above his head (much like a dramatic model), and this has got to be the most I've seen him relaxed. (He looked like regular, everyday, bored Shoto Todoroki; so I'm probably going insane).

My eyelids were sinking down under some invisible weight, demanding that I keep them closed for just a bit longer, begging me to go back to sleep. There's nothing that I need to be awake for right now, I can steal a few more hours.

Dragging my leg back up onto the bed I shuffled around, trying to get comfortable without disrupting Shoto. Keeping my head flat on his stomach, I managed to twist the rest of my body slightly, facing the room again. Knees bent, and placed as close together as I could, I made sure that there was enough room for me up here.

Letting my eyes droop, I phased in and out of sleep, at peace, and - for once in my life - not entirely angry. My eyes closed once more and I kept them that way. Feeling myself drift off to sleep, I allowed it to happen, and embraced the silent joy it brought me.

On the brink of unconsciousness a jolt of feeling scared me awake. Eyes wide open, I tried to locate whatever the hell made me wake up. But, there was nothing different, not one single thing out of place. Resigning, I closed my eyes and fell back asleep. Only to be woken up by the same feeling. What the hell was it?

Something slid over my scalp and tousled my hair. Shit, was that it? Seriously, this is what scared me awake multiple times?! Shoto's mother-fucking hand! This would explain why my head seemed unbelievably warm, he had the heat side of his bitch-ass quirk activated and was unconsciously teasing my hair, curling it around his fingers and just messing with it. If my hair dares come out curly I will beat his ass! But, for now, I'll leave it be.

Deciding that the room was not good enough scenery, I turned and faced Shoto, his hand readjusted and continued messing with my hair. I pressed my head into his stomach and stretched my arms near his chest and compressed myself into a big ball of warmth, comfort (and a small bout of resentment). With that, I dozed off, happy and content