Todoroki Wants To Yeet Bakugou Away

For the past week or so I've been having a 'Marvel Movie Marathon' watching all 20+ films in chronological order, and I'm finally on the last three!
-----------------------------
(This chap is in Todo's P.O.V)

Oh, why the hell did he have to do that? That Idiot, who does he think my father is?! "Bakugou, was that really necessary? He's gonna be absolutely pissed, so you better pray that he doesn't demand I go home before Aizawa finds the villain."

He glared at me, as if to say, "or what?"

With my free hand, I grabbed his arm that was stuck to me and squeezed hard, giving him a warning. His glare faltered, and his eyes fell down to my hand. I squeezed harder, forcing him to look at me.

He was not pleased with being bossed around, "Let me go, Icy hot bastard." He yelled as he tried to yank his hand out of my grasp, but I wasn't going to let him. He needs to understand, he may have cost me what little respect my asshole of a father has for me.

I let go of his arm, and grabbed the unbuttoned part of his shirt and pulled him to my face. I spat out, "You're lucky you are attached to me because if you weren't, I would throw you to the dogs and let you claw out of the mess you made by... your... self!" I promptly let go of him and gave him a slight shove.

He grumbled and straightened his collar, which I don't understand why since he never cares about his uniform (the man doesn't even wear the tie). "What the hell do you think you're doing? You're not the boss of me!"

I'm not going to argue with him any more than I already have, who knows how much longer we are going to have to be around each other.

"Um... are you guys okay?" Oops. I forgot she was here.

I plastered on my usual unbothered expression. I glanced over at Bakugou who was sneering and kicked him in the shin. He was about to snap at me, but I motioned over to the Lady who was helping us. He looked and immediately shut his mouth.

She began to speak again, "If you guys are quarreling, you might want to finish it at home?" Did she think? No, she couldn't've.

Bakugou, however, thought she did, "The hell are you talking about, Lady?" He interrogated.

"Bakugou, it doesn't matter, let's just finish what we came here for, then head back."

"Hmph, fine. Bastard."

I brought my attention back to the lady and calmly stated, "I'd love to see the rest of those books now."

She looked confused, probably wondering about the quick transition. She blinked once, twice, then realized where she was. She shot a grin and said, "Gladly."

I pulled Bakugou along as we moved back to the table. She skimmed through the books she'd laid down. She mumbled unmeaningful words until eventually, she smiled in what I think was triumph. She grabbed the pile of books, and with steady arms, she lifted it until only the very last book remained. She slowly moved over and released the pile beside the lone book. She let out a sigh of release and grabbed it. She handed it over to me, "Out of all of these, I think your mother will like this one."

The book sleeve was dark blue, almost black, and had a picture of a house underneath a full moon. I flipped the book over to look at the back. It had a picture of the writer, and reviews.

"This book inspired a spin-off series by the same author. The summary is actually on the inside flap of the sleeve. It's weird that the back no longer has it, but I guess other people's opinions are more important than the actual story."

I silently read the summary. It seemed like a mystery book, but also maybe Sci-fi. It said that the main character was a vet, and after their husband passed away they threw themselves into their work. A murder happens nearby and she is met with a troubled FBI agent.

"I think she'd find this interesting, thank you." I kept a hold of the book as I focused on Bakugou, who had been uncharacteristically quiet since our argument. I softly asked, "Bakugou? Is there something you're wanting while we are here?"

He looked over, shocked. He quickly composed himself and responded, "A cookbook. Old one is fuckin' worn out, need one that isn't gonna fall apart on me."

I thanked the lady for her help, and watched as she walked away, pausing briefly to turn around and wave.

"So..." I started, "Where are they?" Hoping he understood what I was saying.

He did.

He dragged me around the store until we got to a small corner that seemed to be dedicated to cleaning and cooking-related books.

He scanned the shelves for a few then apparently he found what he was looking for. He tried to pull it off the shelf, but because he only has one arm he was visibly struggling.

I laid my book down, and grabbed the book with my free hand, and helped him.

"The hell you think you're doing Icy-Hot? I don't need your help?"

I gave him a look which I hope he took as 'really?' He dropped the subject.

As soon as the book was free I told him to let go, he reluctantly followed my directions and released it from his grasp. I tucked it under my arm and asked, "Will you grab my book, please?" He did, and without fighting back for once.

We made our way to the front to pay. We set both books down, and as I was reaching for my wallet to pay my part of the expense, Bakugou had already handed the cashier enough money to cover the entire cost. "Bakugou, I can pay for my own stuff."

"Shut up, don't even bother," he grabbed his change, threw it in his pocket alongside his wallet, and grabbed the bag. We headed out the doors. "Also..." he paused, searching for words, "I'm fucking sorry I talked to your dad like that. And for fighting with you."

I laughed as we continued walking down the street, "I've been wanting to do what you did for years. I was only angry because if he found out who you were, or our situation, he wouldn't care about your or my well-being. You may be an asshole, but even you don't deserve what my father would dish out."

"The great Todoroki called me an 'asshole'. Perhaps you aren't as bad as I thought.
"And thanks... I guess."