1

- ruins and constellations.

Standing by the front door of my
aunt's home, I quietly observed my friend being interrogated by two police women. I wish I could've been of help, but even if I tried I'd be nothing more than a captured slave, and I couldn't just let that happen.

Fleur's endless wrangling resounded throughout the spacious living room as she kept shouting at the authorized women. They we're nothing more than idle, merely staring her up and down with repulsive looks.

Dahlia trembling behind me is making me feel worse than I already am. Though I can't see it, her constant sniffling was all I could hear. The thought of us three being potentially captured by them made me shudder, especially after going through so much to avoid this very moment.

After a moment, I look down to a gun. Dahlia is handling it over to me with shaky hands and I stare at it in utter terror knowing that if they saw this we'd be good as dead. "What the hell? What am I going to do with this?"

Her brows piqued, head gesturing to Fleur's direction. Is she telling me to give it to her? Has she gone insane?

"We can think of another plan," I whispered in a sneer and kept my gaze front so we wouldn't be suspicious.

"No, we can't. Just hand it over so we can escape. Go!" she whisper-shouted.

I shifted my gaze to the weapon once again. Gulping once, I reluctantly took it from my friend's grip, already of regret. I attempted to get Fleur's attention, waving the gun low.

A second before Fleur had seen the weapon, her eyes widened from the sight. She motions for me to pass it to her, and so I did. I honestly don't understand how we still haven't gotten caught yet. I hope she knows what she's doing.

Finally getting a hold of the gun, Fleur didn't have a second thought what she was about to do. She raised the gun swiftly, threatening the police women and pointing the gun to their faces, switching it from both of them at a time.

Fear became more persistent in my gut of the thought that there we're so many things that this could lead us to, and being held captive for my actions we're one of them.

None of us noticed the pair of cuffs one of the police took out from her pocket as we we're preoccupied with fear, and before we could do anything, the gun once placed in Fleur's hand was already snatched by one of the women. I stared in horror as I watched Fleur being constrained on the floor, her helpless hands being lached with cuffs. Knowing her, there wasn't a chance she would've actually shot anyone on purpose.

She kept thrashing, kicking, doing everything she could to breakout from the pairs of hands dominating her but it was of no use. She grew tired, not being able to fight anymore. We couldn't do anything but observe and it made me feel sick to my stomach.

One of the policemen redirected her gaze at us with a glare.

"Get out of here, both of you. This is your last chance. Don't let us get to you again," the cop muttered coarsely and pointed a finger to the door beside us, "I said get out!"

Without another second, Dahlia and I hurriedly dashed out the door, leaving our friend and looking back for the last time. I was guilty, yet so relieved to finally have held freedom in my trembling grasp. Mere silence took over both Dahlia and I as we head outside and the scenery began to morph into a grassy pathway with stepping stones for us to walk on. I hope she doesn't be too hard on herself for what happened. None of us wanted any of this.

I directed to the sound of rippling of water on our left, seeing the continuous stream of liquid from the wall fountains. The house that we once left was no where to be found, as if it dissipated into thin air.

Behind us, a few familiar people appeared out of no where, heading to the same direction we we're going at; the end of an outdoor passageway. I then tipped my chin in the air, seeing the view of the universe stretched throughout the evening horizon. The violet and fuchsia tainted clouds hugged each other like a galaxy together with the star-lit sky, and it was simply breathtaking.

Once we finally made our way out of the pathway, we step onto a completely different location. On my left, was a whole city pervaded with towering buildings that seemed to be abandoned. Everyone I knew we're sitting on the unfinished windows, chatting with each other. Some were even laughing.

On my right was an eye-catching constellation of a dog and another animal. I stared in awe for a while, feeling as if it was trying to tell me something. It was something of importance, I just knew it.

"They're here!" panic clawed Dahlia's scream as she reminded the crowd, "They're going to get us all if we don't leave! We have to go, now!"

I was quite confused of whatever was happening, but proceeded to call everybody else, knowing that we had to leave now. We had to run.

•••

Dream Accuracy: 9/10