7. Old Friend

(hey Aesop I know you're reading this shawty 😎‼️)

The two men threw on some clean clothes. Norton wore a grey hoodie with black ripped jeans and white converse. Mike wore a baggy White t-shirt with brown jeans and round glasses.

They both made their way towards the living room to greet the newest addition to this rotten hell hole.

Stepping into the large room, Mike began to feel an uneasy feeling tug at his chest.

"Norton I don't think that..-"

Before he could finish his sentence, Mary cut him off and began talking.

"Two of you may recognise this man and we understand that you may want to cause harm to him but please refrain from doing so."

The hunter strode into the living room. With a large rocket dragging behind him which was most likely his weapon.

Mike's heart beat began to pick up as he began to feel faint.

His eyes locked onto those of the man who murdered his family.

His eyes began to tear up and he fell backwards and dropped to the floor.

The Joker started running toward him after figuring out who it was.

The acrobat raised his arms above his head in self defense.

But before the Joker could lay a finger on the smaller boy, Norton had already raised his fist and threw a punch at the significantly taller male.

He knocked him to the ground out of anger.

Norton dropped to the floor to comfort the blonde.

Mike dropped his arms to reveal his now tear stained cheeks.

Norton raised his bruised hand and put it to Mike's face, carefully wiping off tears.

Before anyone could say anything, Margaretha had already stormed over the the newest hunter and started screaming at him out of pure sadness, Rambling about what he did to her now dead family.

Margaretha crouched down next to Mike, also crying with him, but laughing out of shock at the same time.

.  .  .

TIME SKIP TO 30 MINUTES LATER

.  .  .

It had been half an hour after that whole ordeal. Mike had Norton sat down on a chair next to him, bandaging his bruised hand.

"I can take care of myself fine Mike..-" he said out of embarrassment

"No. No you can not, Norton you punched one of the hunters just because he scared me. I'm pretty sure that says it all."

Mike replied angrily

"Mike, he killed your family. I saw the way you looked at him, you were angry and scared.. I couldn't just sit there and see you hurting."

Mike finished up with bandaging his hand and dragged Norton back to their room.

They reached the quiet room and Mike embraced the prospector into a warm hug.

Wrapping his arms around Mike, Norton pulled him onto the bed, snuggling into the Acrobats warm touch.

It seemed like the manor had no sense of time. One moment it would be pitch black and the next moment everyone should be outside having lunch together.