9. here again

Norton stood up.

He was here again, in this horrifying place.

The walls surrounded him harshly, echoing back his shallow breaths.

'lets just get this over with.'

Norton stepped forward toward the light. Growing near the end of the neverending tunnel, he debated on stepping back and trying to fall asleep in his nightmare so that when he wakes up for real, everything will be back to normal.

But he kept going.

As soon as the horrid smell hit his nose, his stomach dropped, making him feel nauseous.

Blood surrounded him. The faces of his dead crew mates torn up and flopped on the floor.

As soon as he was about to pass out he heard someone calling to him. The words rung through his head.

"Norton, wake up."

"You have to wake up "

. . .

Norton awoke with his arms wrapped around Mike's body. Looking up he saw Mike playing with his fluffy black hair. Smiling to himself, he looked back down and nuzzled closer into Mike's chest, attempting to go back to sleep.

Mike felt shuffling in his arms. Looking down, he saw a peaceful Prospector trying to fall asleep. Smiling to himself, he moved his hand down to the middle of Norton's Neck, playing with the messy hair there.

Norton smiled tiredly into Mike's chest.
"What time is it..?" He said with closed eyes.

"Hm.. I think like 2:46 AM. We don't have to get up for another 4 hours." He exclaimed with a smile, pulling Norton closer to him.

"Have you slept yet? You look really tired.." the Ravenette asked.

Sinking further down into the bed sheets, Mike rested his head on top of Norton's.

"No.. the nightmares are keeping me up again." He told him with closed eyes

Norton looked up at his boyfriend worried and shifted their positions so that Norton was taller this time. He had Mike wrapped in his arms with mike's head resting on his shoulder.

Mike smiled and closed his eyes once again, allowing himself to rest.

. . .

They both awoke to the sound of their alarm going off. Norton reached over to slap the snooze button. After many failed attempts of hitting the desk Norton finally his snooze and cuddled closer to Mike.

"Mm.. good morning!" Mike awoke

Norton, still tired, sat up a bit and rested against the headboard looking at the sun shine through the blinds.

"Good morning.. we should head to breakfast." Norton exclaimed tiredly

With a nod Mike stretched and climbed out of the cozy bed, his feet dragging behind him.

Throwing on some casual clothes, the two tall men walked through the halls towards the dining room.

They entered the large room together to be greeted by multiple hunters and most of the survivors.

"I assume that Margaretha is still in bed then?" Mike spoke to William.

"Ah, yes. None of us have seen her."

With a nod, Mike hesitantly left the dining hall and headed back towards the rooms.

"Hey, where're you going?"
Norton asked confused

"I'm going to check on Marg. I think she's stressed out, I want to go check on her."

With a smile, Norton nodded and walked back towards the kitchen to talk to Naib and Ganji.

•. •. •

The acrobat stumbled down the long corridors, his footsteps echoing.

Soon enough, he reached the female dancers room