26: Space

sorry everyone... pls don't hate me

"Natalie", a soft voice said in the middle of the night. I turned around and found Nolan sitting up, and staring at me. His eyes told me the one thing I feared, he wanted to talk.

"You can't sleep?", I asked him and he nodded his head. I leaned against his shoulder, and interlocked his hand and mine.

"I've tried sleeping, I've tried talking to myself, but I just need you", he said and kissed my hand that was wrapped in his.

"Well in that case here I am", I climbed over him and smiled at his worried face. I leaned in kissing him passionately and his lips became limp and he pulled away from me.

"What?", I asked him as he looked to the side.

"You keep pushing this off, you act like nothing happened, like yesterday didn't happen, like we didn't los-lose our baby", he said grappling onto the fact that I didn't want to talk about it. He was to tears by now and I rushed over to help him and he pushed me away.

"I'm tired of you not talking, when you came back from whatever Daniel did you cried and said a couple of words, when I first found out about Daniel you barely said anything about it, and now this you're acting like everything is okay, and I'm done", he said maddening, I stayed on the bed and I knew as he paced the floor, I was the one damaging our relationship.

"Nolan, I'm sorry, please just come back here", I called out to him as he took off down the hallway and to the stairs. He didn't stop and he kept walking to his office.

"What do you want me to say, that I'm upset, that I'm sad, that I'm broken", I screamed at him and he finally stopped in the midst of my words and I could feel the tears running down my cheek. He turned around and headed straight for me.

"I want you to tell me whatever your feeling, you never let me all the way in, we're married and I love you, but right now I can't be around someone who pretends like things don't effect them", he caressed my cheek, wiping away the tears away. He turned around and made his way towards his office.

"I've always been broken, Nolan, I've always been sad and upset, is that what you want to hear , that I came here broken, that I remember every single thing Daniel did to me and all the time I have a horrifying scream playing out in my head, that I have always been in pain", I told him and he kept walking down the hallway, heading straight for the bedroom. He began to get dressed for work, and when I scanned the time it was only 3 in the morning on a Sunday.

"I just need space", he asked of me and I couldn't believe what he was saying.

"Nolan I want to talk, this is what you wanted", I told him as I followed him down the hall.

"I wanted you to want to talk to me about this, I wanted you to talk about this cause you understood how I felt", he stopped and told me and continued walking down the hallway.

"What is space going to do for us Nolan? let's talk", I asked of him as he piled things in his duffel bag.

"It's not for us, it's for me I can't handle being around someone as cold hearted as you are, and I'm done acting like it doesn't bother me, I can't just go back to who we were 2 days ago, I can't do that", he explained and I felt the tears spill down my face.

"We can talk about it, okay just please don't go", I begged of him and he took off out of the closet and down the stairs.

"Nolan, where are you going, we can work this through", I told him and he stopped in his tracks.

"I'm going to work and I'll just sleep at the office tonight", he said and waited for my response.

"No, no I'll go stay at Avery's with Melody this is your house, not mine", I said and he agreed and went in the elevator. I fell to the floor and crawled back into bed. I didn't know how to fix this, I knew I didn't talk about things and I knew we all had different ways of coping.