smoke bomb | fillie

age 16

"she is magic

she's like a smoke bomb"

millie bobby brown is an interesting person, at least that's how finn described her. everyone else found her quite mysterious. she's quiet, so quiet that nobody notices when she leaves randomly. but finn does, and he always knows where she is.

it doesn't matter whether they're at a party or just watching a movie at his house, if she has that feeling to head to the pond, she will. she says he knows her like the back of his hand because they're best friends.

best friends. and that's all he will ever be to her. god, it's so hard being in love with someone, especially when it's unrequited.

they first became friends in first grade. he was lonely and she was the new student. they felt like aliens at that school, but at least they were aliens together. since no one ever really wanted to be around them, they found their own hang out spot.

a pond, their pond. they liked to sit under a tree next to the pond. they'd stay there and talk until she became tired. he'd say a goodbye to her but usually, she's already gone. 

at first, finn thought she didn't want to be near him, but it's quite the opposite actually. finn has just gotten used to her disappearing now and then, so he never asked. which was fortunate for millie because she's not sure if she's ready to tell him her secret. sometimes when they're hanging out away from the pond, she gets drowns in a pool of thoughts. and they scare her. her feelings for finn terrify her. she can't like her best friend, she can't like finn. though being with him felt so right, keeping this secret from him felt so wrong. so, she'd run off to the lake where he eventually finds her.

now they're at howard's and they're just having fun. though he didn't know this yet, a simple drive would change everything. she was teasing him about not having a drivers license, and joking about how he seriously needs to learn to drive. so, he wanted to prove he wasn't a coward. they got into her car and they laughed and yelled as he drove up the road.

when their laughter died down, her eyes met his when she realized he was staring at her. her smile slowly fell as she felt those feelings again. but this time, she didn't drive to the pond. instead her eyes widened when finn leaned in closer and asked her quietly

"can i kiss you?"

instead of answering with words, she leaned in and placed her lips on his. all her doubts seemed to fade because all she could focus on was the feelings he made her feel. not just when he kissed her, but in general, when he's making her laugh, when he cooks for her.

they pulled away to breathe and made eye contact again. 

"finn, what does this mean?"

"it means i love you, smoke bomb.", he whispered while a small smile spread across his face.

"i love you too.", she almost sobbed but held it in so she could kiss him one more time.

their kiss was interrupted by the sound of a car honking at them. all they did was laugh and finn decided to drive them back to her house. she rested her head on his shoulder, not even worrying about the fact that finn doesn't really know how to drive.

even while on dates, millie would disappear. finn would find her at the pond where she would have a picnic basket and blanket ready for them. she no longer left because she's afraid, but simply because crowded areas aren't where she feels more connected to her boyfriend.

and finn would never feel offended that she left, because he doesn't like crowded areas either. he would only bring her to crowded places because their new friends, maggie and grace, would invite them.

"i love you, finn"

"and i love you, smoke bomb"

lol sorry that was kinda bad wtv also i know this song is about how grace always disappears but this is the song i was inspired by so

smoke bomb by the aubreys

xoxo, m <3