seven

Hopefully the rain on the planet wasn't toxic, as Fae had been drinking it for at least twenty minutes. Laying on her back, in the exact same position she had woken up in, with her mouth wide open and catching all the rain she possibly could. The weather soaked through her clothes and drenched her skin, in fact she was actually shivering, but the plummet in temperature aided in her recovery from what felt like heatstroke, and also soothed the ache in her wrists. Numb fingers and a blue nose was much better than collapsing, after all.

She had barely opened her eyes, and when she did it was practically pitched black anyway, but she knew she wasn't alone, wherever she was. Although the side of the metal trailer was practically flush against her on her right, she could sense someone sat next to her to the left. Fae knew who it was, and found it slightly humorless that he had laid her down as far away from him as possible in the small space. The girl swallowed the mouthful of water she had collected before finally deciding to speak, although she kept her eyes closed.

"Did you catch me?" She had to raise her voice in order to be heard over the intense sound of water bullets colliding with the metal beneath them. It was silent for a moment before he answered, as if deciding whether to actually reply or not.

"What?" He may have been the least talkative person Fae had ever met, but she kept going anyway -- mostly to try and annoy him.

"When I fell, did you catch me?" She repeated, "I hope you did...I had asked politely after all."

"Can you do me a favour?" She asked weakly. His eyebrows scrunched together under his helmet and Fae took his silence as an invitation to continue. "Can you please catch me when I fall?"

"What-?"

And it was as if it had been rehearsed over and over a thousand times in order to reach perfection, as immediately after the last word passed through her lips, her eyes rolled back into her head, and she began to fall forwards. Luckily Mando was standing close enough to catch her, wrapping one hand around her middle and another behind her shoulder to slowly place her on the sand.

"Hey," He said while resorting to shaking her slightly. "C'mon kid, we don't have time for this." He stepped to her other side to ensure that his figure blocked hers from the boiling sun, before retrieving his water canteen to pour some into her mouth. But even after that, she still hadn't woken up.

So Mando resorted to carrying her kriff knows how many miles back to Kuill's house.

"Yes," Was all he replied, coming out almost driod-like due to the modulator in his helmet.

Fae was quiet for a few seconds, before huffing to herself and sitting up, sick of her spine digging into the solid metal painfully for so long. All of her joints ached, probably something to do with the critical exhaustion, and she winced as she moved herself to have her back against the side of the transport.

She wrapped her joined hands around her knees as an attempt to get comfortable before asking, "Where are we going?"

"To find the Jawas," Mando replied much faster than usual after realising he couldn't really avoid it.

"Oh, okay...wait, what are Jawas?" The question hung in the air for a moment, his eyebrows furrowing.

"The things that tried to abduct you-"

"I thought that was you-"

"How do you not know that?" He couldn't help but ask, choosing to ignore her snide comment.

This time Fae's face held the confused look, "Why would I?" There was another period of short silence, Mando deciding to not ask what she meant by that, as it went against his rule of not making personal connections, not learning their life story.