one

Fae didn't even know which planet she was on.

It was...bright. Billboards that lit up so much like a sun, street lights weren't needed.

But, she figured, that if she didn't even know where she was, nobody else would.

It was a terrible fantasy, but fantasies were all she had at that point.

She didn't even know if a busy planet was the best place to be when trying to hide; perhaps she should have fled to somewhere remote. But at the same time, it wasn't exactly up to her. Her escape wasn't this perfectly planned event that she had complete control over. No, it was a spontaneous act in which she, on a whim, hid on a random ship, for two days, until it landed...here.

Wherever 'here' actually was, of course.

Fae had spent her entire life, as far as she was aware, on private property away from anywhere densely populated. Her existence consisted of her best friend being herself, and wondering what other planets looked like. What it was like to be stood in a forest with trees soaring above her head, or an ocean lapping at her feet.

So, the young girl was thoroughly disappointed when she discovered the planet she had miraculously found herself on was nothing but tall metal buildings and electronic signs.

However, Fae wasn't exactly in a position to be picky; so she lifted her mask up to her nose and began making her way down the street from the dingy motel she had spent the previous day in. Yes, day, as she assumed going out at night when faces were hard to recognise was the best idea. Not that she slept even so much as a wink, though. Not only out of fear, but just because of how simply revolting the room was. She didn't even use the bed, the stains splattered on the mattress giving her severe bad vibes, and instead opted for the single chair in the corner with a missing arm rest.

So, to put is simply, she was criminally sleep deprived and knew for a fact that she looked like a corpse weaving amongst the bustling crowds -- even with a mask covering half of her sickly looking face.

She didn't even know where she was going -- to get food and as far away from that motel as possible, but she didn't know where. She was just walking, checking over her shoulder every ten seconds, and jumping sky high whenever someones shoved past her harshly, or grasped onto her arm to pull her to their stall of mysterious trinkets that Fae had frankly neither seen nor heard of before.

Eventually, the cameras on every street corner pushed Fae's anxiety so far over the edge that she resorted to navigating the back alleys and passageways -- which were, somehow, even dingier than the main walkways; yet somehow the blinding lights from the screens in the sky still managed to flood the areas with countless colours.

Well, countless to most people. To Fae, it was mostly blue.

The shadowy figures huddled in the corners, doing kriff knows what, surprisingly ignored her, for the most part, with only the occasional comment or grab. Not that it would be beneficial to them, as she didn't have a good enough amount of money for them to steal in order for it to be worth their trouble.

After what seemed like forever, she found herself walking down one long stretch of alley with only two ways to go, forward or back, and could see the jam-packed city streets once again at the very end. The light at the end of the tunnel, almost.

Head down, hands buried in pockets, hasty feet. Fae wanted to get out of there as soon as possible, so when she had to pass by a group of strangers in a space only meant to fit one person, fear was an understatement when it came to how she was feeling.

As she got closer she could hear that they weren't even speaking basic; which is why when one of them broke away from the group to shout something towards her, she didn't register at first that they were talking to her, so she just kept walking away from them. But then, just as she thought she was home free, there was an iron grip on her forearm pulling her back and forcing her harshly against the moulding brick work.