Chapter 5

The destination

I wasn't asleep for long, probably an hour or so? I woke up to Philza gently waking me up. When I slowly and carefully opened my eyes, it was already kinda dark, it was probably around 10pm, the moon was lighting up the snowy ground slightly. I felt super tired, but safe.

"morning buddy. Look. We're here" Philza said with a gentel voice.

I rubbed the sleepyness off my eyes as Philza lowered his wings so I can look around. I blinked my eyes a few times, prosessing the breath taking view. My eyes widened and my jaw dropped.

There were mountains infront of us, the mountains were huge and beautiful. It was like they were touching the sky.

The sky was nightly blue and purple and it was full of stars, billions of them, and the moon lit up the snow just perfectly. There was also a lake some way ahead of us. The water was partly frozen to ice, but not fully.

"beautiful, right?" Phil chuckeled.

I was speachless, I just nodded slightly as a response.

"Let's set camp at that lake ahead" Techno said.

I hopped off of Carl quikly and started running towards the lake.

"I'll beat you there, big brother!" I shouted challenging him.

Techno grinned and gave Phil Carls leash. He chuckled and sprinted after me. Phil sighed at our childness.

"Some things never change" He said while smiling. Phil was happy that we were happy.

I was almost at the lake when I felt Techno tackle me to the ground, pinning me down on my stomach. I was laughting so much, I hadn't been this happy in ages. My face and hair were all snowy and wet, but I didn't care.

I pushed Techno to the snow and we quikly started playfully restling. Techno would have easily beaten me, but as a good big brother he is, he let me win. He fell to the ground and I stumped my foot ontop of his chest gently.

"Ha! I won!" I proudly announced.

Techno chucled. "i'm proud of you Tommy"

I grinned at Techno, looking down on him. I quikly started running to Phil. When I got to him, I started proudly explaining him my victory. Philza just smiled and gently patted my hair a few times, cleaning it from all of the snow as I was busy talking to him about everything happily.

"I'm proud of you son. Now let's start a camp fire to get you two warm. You wanna help me find some wood or sticks to burn?" Phil told me while he bent down on my level, resting his hands on his thighs.

"Hell yea!" I answered full of energy and excitement.

Phil smiled at me warmly and patted me on the head. "well then, go get us something to make a campfire out of won't you?" He asked me.

"i'll do that in under 5minutes so you better be ready with the camp till then!" I bragged.

"yea yea" Phil said playfully rolling his eyes. "go on now. I'm timing you" Phil told me as he winked at me, knowing that it would get me full of excitement and want to win.