"Will You Go Out With Me?"

"Thank you!" you blurt out finally your face still hiding between your palms.

"Huh?" you hear San say in utter confusion.

"I-I mean thank you for liking me back..I--I've never Im-imagined you would like me b-back. I mean I was n-not prepared for a situation like this! I'm sorry igonre me I don't know what I'm saying right now" after stuttering a bit you say the last line in one go, your face now out of your palms and slightly looking at San.

"Still I'm sorry for stealing your letters"

"I mean those were for you anyways actually I'm sorry for writing so many. I know it was too old school"

"NOT AT All.. In fact I liked them very much..I mean I've always kind of liked the idea of getting....love letters"
he says as a matter of fact but falters saying the last two words.

"...."

"...."

An awkward silence follows after that, both of you absentmindedly look away.

"San?"

"Hmm?"

"Will you go out with me?like officially?"

'Wow how did I not stutter?and officially?what does that even mean? ugh why did I have to say it that way?' you mutter to yourself in your head.

"Officially? As in like a...couple?YES" he doesn't pause after the question and immediately says the last word as if answering his own question and a broad smile appears across his face.

"Oh" you get startled by his quick response and look at him and can't help but smile seeing his smiley face.
At this exact moment the stench of something burning reaches your nose.

"Oh no" the fried rice was burning.

San hurriedly jumps into rescue the rice but it was too late. Fried rice was now....burnt rice.

"Ugh why am I like this?!! I ruined this too!! Awooo!!" San whines like a kid,a look of frustration over his face, left hand clenching his hair and right hand holding the spoon and he hits his head with the same spoon.......
a bit too hard.

You quickly get up and start rubbing the spot where he hit himself.

"Why did you do that? Are you okay?" you ask him still rubbing his head.

He look up straight and you realize what you were doing and you were just about to retreat when he spoke up.

"I don't deserve your kindness I ruined everything today" he says as a matter of fact.

"Well we can still have ramen" you were taking you hand off of his hair when he takes your wrists and rolls his chair around to face you evenly.

"Why aren't you angry? At first I ruined our date then I bring you here and say I would cook for you then the secret and now I've even burnt the food and yet you're not even slightly annoyed?" he says sulking.

You free your wrists from his grip and hold his wrists instead and say," Well it's not like getting angry is gonna fix anything"

"But it's making me feel like trash" he seizes your wrists again.

"Why? And who says our date is ruined? We're technically still on a date and so far I've enjoyed being with you" now you seize his wrists and this 'who can seize whose wrist' continues.

"Really? Which part did you enjoy?"

"Well.." none of the events that took place today were appropriate enough to say enjoyable. What are you gonna say? You enjoyed pulling him out of the hole? Taking the cat and him to the doctors? 'Helping' him burn the food? Even though you didn't mind all the events that took place today, you still liked being with him today, yet you were out of words.