"I've liked you for 3 years now.."

"I'll definitely do this today. TODAY IS THE DAY!" You yell this in your mind,as if to forcefully encourage yourself.

You've been in love with HIM for three years now. Even though it started with a "crush" and you had zero intention in making it anything more than that,still the feeling grew into something stronger,which now you have acknowledged as "love".

Even after that, you wanted to keep this " one-sided love" to yourself and never let HIM know about your existence. But this damn heart of yours can't resist anymore. So,you came to a conclusion and made a deal with yourself that you will definitely confess today.

It Doesn't matter if he accepts or not,it doesn't matter if he even sees your face or not,you just have to somehow let him know that there's someone who's in madly love with him. Even though You're pretty sure that half of the girls in school are also in love with him and to make it worse...he's a playboy.

But "Heart wants what it wants".

You sigh deeply and look at your confession letter and mumble to yourself," Will i really be able to do it this time?" This is your eighth attempt this year. Because, the first two years you were in "Denial period" and when you finally accepted your feelings and made up your mind to confess, things had to happen everytime.

In your first attempt, you had written a "love letter" which took you a month to write and you planned on slipping it inside his bag. Since he's in the same class as you, sits right in front of you and also stays out of class most of the time, it was a good opportunity. The chance of getting caught was also less as you're an outcast, 'cause you like to spend your time alone and you doubt if he ever even saw you behind him.

But the problem was you could never deliver your letter to him. The first time you left the letter inside your chemistry book and went to washroom and you came back to find the letter gone.

And this kept repeating 'til your 7th attempt. No matter where you kept your letter, it would always be gone before you could even give it to him. It was oddly suspicious as barely anyone knew you in class.

And people that you barely knew also used to mind their own business. You also couldn't complain to the teacher.

Time was going by and this is the last year of high school. Being frustrated, you finally decide to deliver the confession letter "face to face".

" No, I have to do it". You make a strong resolution and wait for him at the abandoned park near your house.

Well, the park is not really abandoned, but It's been closed down because starting from next year, a shopping mall's construction's gonna start. It's Saturday evening,
7 p.m. He passes by this park every Saturday, at this exact time.

You know this information because coincidentally you also pass by this park every Saturday at the same time, after finishing your 2nd part time job at your relative's photo studio,not because of ANY OTHER REASON.

You get anxious and keep looking at Your watch and wonder "Why Isn't he here yet?"

You start to look around and suddenly see him emerging from the other side of the road and as soon as you see him, you habitually hide behind the bushes of the park. You watch him from there. He is holding his phone in the usual manner, has one stripe of his bag hanging on his right shoulder. He's wearing casuals and looking at his phone while walking slowly. Time-to-time he's looking past his shoulders, as if looking for someone.

You almost sit all the way to the ground, afraid he'll notice you. Your heart beat starts racing with each step he takes. You keep watching and watching and watching.....until you realize "He's about to cross the park!" You hurriedly get up, come out of the bushes and almost run to catch up.

You stop right behind him, panting, hold the letter out close your eyes and say, "P-please stop and don't turn back!"

You were so nervous that you literally scream that sentence. You realize what you did and you curse yourself to death inside, but mentally you console yourself saying, "Well if i'm gonna screw up, might as well screw up all the way".

After a pause you continue with a shaky voice,
" T-the thin-thing is I've liked you for th-three years. It was a crush at first but...." in an instant you start blurting out all your suppressed feelings.

You have no idea where you got the courage to speak your heart out but you can't stop. You keep talking and talking for who knows how long, until you hear him snort.

"Pfft"

You get startled and stop as soon as you hear him. Your face scrunches and you bite the tip of your tongue as soon as you realize that you have said almost everything that you wrote on the letter and you slowly put your hands down hiding the letter behind your back. It's just that whenever you get nervous you blabber too much. You're so nervous that you actually don't even remember what you said up until now. Did you already confess?

Your anxiety is getting the best of you. You feel dizzy looking down. So you slightly raise your head and look at his back.

His snorting now turned into laughter and his shoulders are trembling in an attempt to hold it back. You don't know whether to run away or stay, to laugh or to cry. So you just hang your head down again and stay frozen in that place. A moment later, you hear him clear his throat.

"Hmm"

You stiffen as he does so.