"Go Out With Me..."

"Ow"  he whimpers and you quickly turn back and start walking fast to the opposite direction of your house.

"Really? What is this childish behaviour? Hey wait!" You hear him yell but you're busy trying to hold both your anger, dissapointment and tears back as you still keep walking...until he says, "Hey Y/N, go out with me"

You stop as big droplets of tears finally make their way out of your eyes and roll down your cheeks.

You don't know what shocked you more. The fact that he knows your name? Or the fact that he asked you out? In all those letters you wrote but couldn't deliver and even in today's letter that he hasn't read yet, you didn't write your name. Even in school your name barely gets called and even when it gets called he's never there.

It's not really a big of a deal, that he knows your name but nevertheless your overthinking mind put emphasis on it. You wipe your tears and slowly turn back and ask him, "How do you know my name?"

He rolls his eyes in disbelief and says, "Seriously? I ask you out and that's what you say?"

After a pause he adds, "And what's the big deal in knowing your name? We got the same school and you sit right behind me."

*Thud thud thud thud*

Your heart starts beating fast again. You can't believe he actually noticed you in school. Suddenly you remember what had happened tonight up until now and you regret that he knows you're in the same class as him. You get busy trying to think of ways to avoid him in school.

"So, would you mind telling me your answer?" he slightly bends down to see your face, because again, you were looking down.

"What answer?" The fact that he asked you out totally slips out of your mind and you blurt it out, but as soon as you say it, you recall what he said, but before you can say anything again he replies, "Are you taking revenge for what I've said earlier?"

"No, I-"

"Pfft" you get cut off by his snort.

"Look, earlier I was teasing you and I was also trying to make you ask me out. But I realized it was childish of me. So I was gonna apologize but then you weren't listening to me. So I asked you out myself."

"But why would you ask me out?" you say in confusion.

"So your answer is 'No'?" he asks you back.

"No I didn't mean that... I mean-"

"So it's yes?" again he cuts you off.

"No... I mean I'm not sure... I mean.. Ugh... Why would you wanna go out with me?"

"Do I need a reason to go out with you?" he asks.

"So, do you just go out with anyone without any reason?" you ask.

"Isn't it how 'going-out' works?" he says in a confused voice.

"Is this guy being serious right now?!" you think to yourself. You don't know if he's being sarcastic, making fun of you or being serious. Whatever the reason is, actually you yourself don't know how this 'going-out' thing works.

Being frustrated you yell," CHOI SAN! Are you mocking my inexperience right now?How can you not know how this stuff works when you've went out with dozens of girls from our school already?" you stop abruptly. Were you too harsh?You look at him. He looks angry but mostly... pouting? What?

" Where did you hear that? Did I personally come to tell you? Or did you see me yourself? Or did you just believe those rumours?"he says in a sulky tone while pouting.

"Is he doing THAT(pout) on purpose?" you think to yourself,you also feel

"Is he doing THAT(pout) on purpose?" you think to yourself,you also feel.... guilty? Your eyes again try to look for a place to rest on, as you try to avoid his gaze.

"w-well I saw you chilling with Th-the girls in 'those kind of places' " you manage to reply.

"What kinds of places?"he asks.
"You know movies and restaurants and parks." But as soon as you say it you realize how dumb it sounds.

"Ahh... Why can't i think before I speak?!" you yell in your mind.

"When do only couple can go to those places?" Weren't you also in 'those places' for you to have seen me? So whom did YOU go with in 'those kind of places'? Your brother? "As soon as he stopped he started again,
" And how come you're in every place I go? Are you sure it's coincidence every time or are you.... "

" I swear I wasn't stalking you!" you blurt out.

Even if it's strange, but it's true that no matter where you went to, you would always see him there. But all those places where you've seen him are all popular and on demand in the city. So it was normal to bump into some familiar faces. But even at the local convinience store? Can you even call it a coincidence anymore.

"I didn't imply that" he says in a low tone, still talking in pout.

"Why is he doing that?" you say to yourself.

"Well you were gonna say that" you say in a sulky tone.

"Why do you keep assuming things?" he asks.

"Ah what were we even talking about in the first place? Ya why do you keep changing the topic?" he says demanding answer

"No. My answer is 'No' " you say while slowly turning back to the opposite direction of your house.

"But why?"

You slowly start walking. "Be-because I'm not ready to be in a relationship yet. Specially not with you." You're a really conflicted person.

You may like him or even love him, but you don't have the courage and energy to date him. And your farsighted mind is already thinking about the nasty ways you two could break up and circumstances after that. "Ah why am I like this?" you mentally curse yourself.