"I like you but..."

"Are you done? Can i turn back now?" You hear him say in a teasing manner and your heart is basically hammering inside your chest right now. You're so flustered that you can't even make a single sound anymore.

Still you use all your strength to say "Yes"
But only "Ye" comes out, in a nasally tone. It almost sounded like You're crying.

"FML" you yell inside your mind and frown, lowering your head even more, wishing this whole thing to be a dream right now.

"Oh my! Are you crying?" he says as he hurriedly turns back and takes quick steps toward you.

You realize it and quickly take a few steps back and say, "No I'm fine, I'm fine."

He stops in his track.

"Ah man. No offense, but you're really something else. Confessing at a place like this? I thought you were a robber or something and you were like this close to having a taste of my taekowando kick!" He says very enthusiastically.

"So the rumours were true. He really likes to brag about his taekowando skills." You think to yourself while looking down and a little smile forms and fades quickly on your face.

"Anyway. So, you were saying you like me." he says again.

You hurriedly say, "No. I-".

" No no no...you love me", he says in a teasing manner, bending a little to see your face.

You loudly say "Yes. I mean NO, I - I -" you don't know what to say. You can practically feel your heart trying to come out through your mouth. You keep stuttering.

"I - I -"

"You're confused yourself?" he bends down more.

"Tch" he makes a sound that sounds like he's annoyed.

"This won't do" He stands straight, holds your chin up with his right hand. As soon as your eyes meets his, he let's go of your chin.

"Hmm. Now that's good. I don't like it when someone is looking elsewhere while talking to me."
He says with a mild smile. But you try to avoid eye contact again.

"Sorry but i can't look in the eyes of someone while talking to them, unless t-they are very clo-se to me". You stutter a little, while your eyes search for a place to look at.

" Aw really?" you can't tell if he's being sarcastic.

"Forget this. Back to the main topic. You like me and you're asking me out. Is that it?" he asks in a serious tone.

"No. I mean yes I like you but I'm not asking you out" You reply immediately.
"I just wanted to confess to you and get it off of my chest". You say again while slowly lowering your head.

"Confessing is tiring enough. Besides, it's not like You'll agree even if i ask you out. So why waste time on it?" you think to yourself.

"Pfft..." he burts into laughter and laughs with his whole body.

You think to yourself, "What's so funny about it?"

"Man...I..got..cramps" he says between laughing.

"Ok. I've calmed down" he says while clenching his stomach with his hands. Then he straightens up.

"So, you're telling me you wrote a whole essay about your feelings for me, followed me here, wasted my time reciting that letter for nothing?" He said it in a manner which offended you.

"I mean if you wanted to confess you could've done it over social media. Almost everyone in the school is connected with me through it. That would've saved both of our time." Although he was right in some parts, you still couldn't agree with him.

In other times, you wouldn't fight back wanting to avoid trouble and your anxiety. But his manner of speaking really hurt your ego and flamed your anger.

"First of all, I didn't follow you. I have to cross this park everyday to go to my house and every Saturday at this time I go home after finishing my part time job. Coincidentially each Saturday, on the exact same time I saw you go through this route too. Besides, this is the only time you're ever alone. So that's why I was waiting for you here." You say it all in one go and feel yourself heating up while you answer him. But you're not done yet.

"Second of all, Yes, i could've easily done this over phone, but I'm sorry i prefer the old school way. I wrote at least seven confession letters 'til now but believe it or not, those letters always went missing right before I could give you one".

You take a deep sigh and say,
" And last of all, I'm sorry for wasting your time, but this really was a big deal for me. It's my first time falling for someone so hard and confessing to them. That's why I didn't have any big expectations. I'm just glad I was able to say what was in my heart, even though i messed up. So, I'll just leave now".

You straighten your posture, ready to leave when he lets out a laugh that sounds like he's annoyed.

"This was the lamest confession ever. I still don't get the purpose of it. You just ruined my mood and my evening and got me late for my dance class for this lame thing" he says as he turns back to leave.

Pretty weirdly it sounds like he's whining because you didn't ask him out?
But why would he do that?He changes girls like changing his clothes everyday. He breaks their hearts as easily as ripping a piece of paper. So, what did you expect? But him blowing away your efforts really pisses you off. Even though before confessing you expected this type of behaviour and even worse, you still can't accept this. You can't believe you fell for someone like this.
Maybe a little appreciation or a straight out rejection would've been much better.

You look at the confession letter in your hand then look at his already retreating back.

Tears pile up in the corner of your eyes because of anger and you throw the letter aiming at his head.................
and it hits the target.