" Place doesn't matter "

San takes off his shirt revealing the white tank top underneath.

He then carefully puts the cat on his left shoulder, slightly tilts his head to his left, to balance the cat and wraps the shirt around his upper back (kind of like tying a shirt/jacket around the  waist), while holding the sleeves of his shirt in...

He then carefully puts the cat on his left shoulder, slightly tilts his head to his left, to balance the cat and wraps the shirt around his upper back (kind of like tying a shirt/jacket around the  waist), while holding the sleeves of his shirt in his hands. Then  he gently places the cat on his stomach with his right hand,still holding the sleeves and ties his sleeves with the cat in front (I hope I'm making  sense T-T). 

He then looks up, "Ready?"

All this while you were observing his actions so intently that the sudden sound of his voice surprises you. In response, you blink twice quickly and stretch your hands out to pull him up. He takes your hands gladly. The linking of hands makes your heart beat fast but you try to focus on the task. First, second, third and at last at the fourth try, you successfully pull him out.

"Oww...", but San loses his footing and topples over you, knocking you down to the ground. 

"....."

"....."

Before you could comprehend what just happened your blood rushed and you felt as if your heart was going to come out any moment now. You could feel San's breath and his gaze on your face and tried your best to avoid eye contact. It felt like an eternity passed by, but none of you dared to move, either being too afraid that the other might hear your heartbeat or just to stare a bit at the other person's face. 

"Meow", the pitiful whine of a cat snapped you both out of your daydream and made you look down and in between you. The poor cat tied on San's stomach had long since been sandwiched between you and him and was now crying out in pain.

"Oh shoot, I'm so sorry both of you!" San says as he quickly tries to get off of you but gets wobbly and falls right on his rear. 

"AHHH", you both yell out, San in pain, and you, thinking that San was about to fall into that hole again as he fell too close to the opening. You hurriedly stood on your knees and reached out to him as a quick reflex, both shocked at each other's reaction. 

"....."

"....."

"Relax Y/N, I sprained one of my legs when I fell into that hole, so it's kind of difficult for me to stand up without any support" he replies with a goofy smile.

You calm your posture and get up slowly, trying to suppress the embarrassment on your face. 

"Here, I'll help you" you say as you extend your hands to him.

"Oh wait, take her first" he says as he unties his shirt and hands the cat to you.

You carefully take the cat from him, kind of scared you'll hurt her, as you've never handled a furry animal before. 

"I'm done, you can give her to me now" San says, already having put on his shirt.

You give the cat back to him praising his fashion sense mentally, then by following his instructions you pull him up by his right arm, he then wraps the same arm around your shoulder, resting the cat on his left while you hug his upper back and wa...

You give the cat back to him praising his fashion sense mentally, then by following his instructions you pull him up by his right arm, he then wraps the same arm around your shoulder, resting the cat on his left while you hug his upper back and waist to keep him standing and balanced. 

' The gap is too close! ' you think to yourself. 

You try your best not to get too close to him more than necessarily but, "Oww..Y/N come just a bit closer" San hugs you closer every time you try to maintain a safe distance.

After a while, all three of you reach the entrance of the park. You release a big sigh.

' Thud ', San abruptly sits on the ground letting go of your hand and you seem to be the only one worried about his white pant, that he was wearing.

'So reckless' you think to yourself.

"Ah I needed to sit for a bit" he replies with a goofy smile.

"Should I call a cab? We need to get that cat to a vet quickly" you ask him taking out your phone.

"Oh yeah please do that"

"After that we'll take you to a doctor's"

"...."

You look at him, away from your phone as you hear no reply.

He was petting the cat's stomach with his head hung down.

"I'm sorry Y/N for today. I totally ruined our date" he says in a tone filled with guilt.

' Well you did but for some reason I'm not mad ' you think mentally.

" The day isn't over yet....I mean we can still hang out at the hospital....th-the place doesn't matter as lo-long  as we're together right?" this is not what you were planning to say, even though you meant what you said, stuttering in the process as you got nervous.

' Damn it, what the hell is wrong with me?!! ' you're dying inside.

You turn your back to him with your phone in hand, mentally killing yourself when you realize the number you dialed has received your call. You quickly pull the phone up on your ear as to avoid any reply San was going to give.

"HE-HELLO?" you accidentally scream out the word as if to make San know that you're busy.

' Never mind..it's not me if I don't make a fool out of myself ' you mentally accept your defeat.

After the call, you were hesitating on turning back when you hear, "I'll make it up to you Y/N! I have a new place  in mind. Let's go there after we're done with the doctor"

You turn back to see a smiley San pointing at the cat and him to imply what he meant by "We're", both his dimples popping out.

' It takes so little to please him ' you smile to yourself.

"But your leg?" You ask him worriedly.

"It's gonna be fine. I heal very quickly. It's not the first time I sprained my ankle" he says as a matter of fact and you don't know if you should be worried about him or praise him for injuring himself that many times.