•10• The Day After •10•

TW: Mention of drugs

"Michiya, why are you struggling in english?"

The young Michiya Shimizu. Barely 10 years of age, now having to adjust to her new family. Being in the orphanage for most of her life was not easy to live through. With so many kids to take care of and not enough volunteers, Michiya didn't get enough social interaction to know how to speak to people. Everything was hard for her. She couldn't speak, she couldn't focus and she had no one to help her.

Now, she was adopted into a wealthy family. Everyday her 'parents' reminded her of the future they laid out for her. Not even a teen yet, and she doesn't get to make her own decisions.

"Michiya!" Her mother spoke above the average tone, making sure to catch her attention this time.

"You really have to stop getting lost in your head. Now answer my question. Why are you struggling so much in english when we have so many tutors to help you?"

The table began to shake as her mother started to lose her patience at the now sniffling child.

"I-I.... I want Candy!" The innocent child whimpered, letting the hot tears rain down from her watery eyes.

"You've said that a hundred times already. We've bought you candy from all around the country, but you don't like any of them! What more do you want?"

The short girl stood up from her chair and ran to her mother, hugging her hips and digging her short nails into the woman's dress trying to find the same comfort she did in the orphanage volunteer she named Candy.

But it wasn't the same. She didn't hug back. When Michiya looked up she saw a look of disgust glaring back at her.

She felt so cold.

It was this moment she realized she would never feel the same warmth she did with the volunteer at the orphanage with anyone else. She could no longer rely on anyone else. She only had herself.

Cold.

When I woke up I felt so cold.

As I let my eyes focus on the room surrounding me, I quickly acknowledged that I was in Kyoya's room. I vaguely remember the night before and I believe Kyoya was next to me when I fell asleep, but when I took a few more moments to examine the room, he was nowhere to be found.

"Augh... my head.." My hand came to rub my forehead as I slowly began to feel the pain rushing back. I began to think to return to my empty slumber to avoid this pain I felt when I woke up, but when I noted the time being 2 pm I decided it was about time I got out of bed.

I pulled the covers off of my body and placed my feet on the soft, carpeted floor covering Kyoya's bedroom. My legs wobbled as soon as I let them carry my body weight and I had to lean on the nightstand to avoid falling.

Knock Knock

"Shimizu~san? Have you finally awakened?"

The voice seemed familiar, and my mind tricked me into believing it was Kyoya, but I'd soon be disappointed when I realized it was one of the Ootori's maids I often see around the mansion.

The maid ran over to me and held my hip, and helped me walk to the couch. Once I sat down, she made her way to take the seat next to me.

She gleamed brighter than the sun peeking through the silk curtains. "I was beginning to think you'd sleep throughout the entire day, I'm glad you've finally risen."

"I still feel awfully tired... and I'm still in a lot of pain." I grumbled, holding my head in my hands again.

"Well, I can't blame you for feeling this way. But I do have some medicine that can help with the pain." She spoke as she handed me a cup of water and two pills I didn't even realize she was holding.