Attack on Jaeger's mind (Flashback)

"We did it!" Erwin screamed, raising a single fist in the air. "We've wiped out every last natural titan known to man!" Everyone at this point was ravenous and cheering with glee. "Ah, but all for one." Levi thought aloud, bringing his white mug to his mouth and starting to sip on his piping hot black tea. "Ah, yes, Levi. You're correct. We still have to deal with Jaeger, huh." Erwin said, coughing a little to silence the members. "I guess we'll have to execute him." Hanji mumbled, brushing her hair from her face and lifting her glasses into position. "But who will do it?" "I will. I'm his captain. It's only right." Levi blurted out, with a stern tone in his voice. "Are you sure?" "Yes. Certain." He got up and walked out the room to find Eren's cell he was imprisoned in. Unsurprisingly, Eren was asleep. "Jaeger. Wake up, for god sake." "H-Heichou..." Eren groaned as he rubbed his eyes. "I've got bad news." Levi said, holding onto one of the bars that barricaded Eren in. "What is it?" "Eren I'm... Well..." "Say it, Heichou." Eren said full of spirits and with a smile.

"In order for humanity's victory against the titans we have to kill every last titan there is. We've defeated Annie, but Hanji, Erwin and myself..."

"What is it?"

"We've decided that we have to publically execute you. And I shall be the one to do it."

With that, Levi bowed his head to hide the shame but stayed with Eren for company. Eren's eyes widened and he tugged on his chains, only making the cuffs dig deeper and pinch on his skin. "Levi... You're not serious?" "I'm sorry... So sorry..." "But Levi I lo-" "I know that! So don't say it! I can't go against this, as much as I wish to." "It's alright. Promise me it will be quick..." "I'll do it as slick as possible." And with that, Levi turned to walk away.

"Prepare yourself, it's tomorrow."

A crowd had gathered around the site as Levi stood amongst them all hushing anyone who tried to make noise. This execution was to be done in silence, as requested by Levi, who still couldn't wrap his head around the whole thing. The audience were still and quiet as Eren walked on, cuffed and scared. He was put on his knees with his hands behind his back and then leant over. "Any last words, Jaeger?" Levi asked. "In fact, there is some things I'd like to say. Let's start off with fallen cadets, shall we? Levi lost his whole squad and shortly after I lost mine, I still feel the loss of two great friends was all my fault. And I'm truly sorry other people's actions against me have resulted in such bloodshed, but I'm ready for punishment." Eren beckoned, as he looked up at the crowd, but turned his head to look at Levi. "And lastly, I love you, Heichou." With the words 'I love you' never really being said to Levi before, his heart sank to his stomach and he got a little nauseous. Eren closed his eyes as he awaited the axe to swing down on the target. Him.

Levi let out a sigh and lifted this heavy weapon with silver markings and whispered "I can do this..." Repeatedly out loud. "I love you, Eren... Jaeger." And with that, Levi swung the axe down to slide through Eren's soft skin just on the nape of the neck. A death like he really was born titan.

The crowd cheered as Erwin announced what was yet to come and Levi carried off Eren's body, with the head detached. "I'll piece you whole again." He said, running to his office and grabbing a tiny sewing kit (he had this for any outfit rips) he began sewing on Eren's head. "There. Perfect." Levi said. He had finally finished sewing, he put the kit away and grabbed a penknife from his drawer. "Now, I shall join you in death." As he hugged Eren's corpse old words played through his mind "Heichou should never leave me." "I need a smile, Heichou!" "Can I call you Levi yet?" And as Levi drew his last breath, he impaled the knife through his temple and dropped down, holding on tightly to Eren.