Attack!

Back in the ships, Cliff and the other warriors were becoming nervous at all the thick fog and destroyed ships scattered around them, but their leader hid his fear well, standing proud and tall. They had brought Kai up to the deck so he could direct them to the lair, keeping him bound and muzzled with vengestone chains so he couldn't use his powers. As Cliff tried to steer the lad ship through the fog, Ed suddenly walked over to him.

"Listen, Cliff, I was overhearing some of the men and some of them are wondering what it is we're up to here, not me of course, I know you're always the man with the plan; but some, not me, are wondering if there is in fact a plan at all and what it might be?" He asked.

"Find the nest and take it."

"Of course, send them packing, nice and simple." Ed sighed as Cliff rolled his eyes at the older man's ramblings. When he glanced at the captive dragonblood, he suddenly noticed Kai's body beginning to twitch, and his pupils sharpened into the slits. Cliff's eyes widened as the beast's head shot up and looked to the left. Cliff's eyes narrowed as he began to steer the ship, following the directions where Kai looked. The fog suddenly thinned greatly and the warriors from Ninjago were suddenly faced with the dark mountain.

Cliff knew they had arrived at the dragonbloods' lair.

The first in a series of rafts sent from the main ships hit land, the only sound in the air a combination of sand and stone being parted by the raft's bow. Cliff was the first to set foot onto the foreign land, and time seemed to stop. The ships stayed where they were, the waves crashed silently onto the beach. Everything stood where it was, and there was a second's hesitation in the old man's mind. He could have turned around, he could have gone home, but he was too stubborn and with each confident step he took up the black sand beach the world started to spin again.

The other warriors ran onto the beach, pulling large catapult from the boats, and formed ranks based on their strengths and weapons.

Eventually, there was silence as everyone waited for commands, soldiers eager for fight and bloodshed. Cliff stood closest to the hive turning to his army.

"When the lair falls all hell will break loose, but no matter how this ends, it ends today!" He exclaimed before he signaled to the catapults to fire. The large boulder soared only feet from his head, and crowds cheered as a deep dark tunnel was burned into the limestone wall and straight into the heart of the mountain. As dim sunlight bounced off the mountain's inner walls, silence devoured the army. Suddenly every dragonblood flew out of the new hole.

They were outnumbered at least two dragonbloods for every warrior, though still, the ranks let out several, bone-chilling battle cries as they charged.

A few dragonbloods instinctively fired attacks but before even Cliff entered the fight they all ran. Warriors tried aimlessly to hit the beasts as they fled to no avail, and within seconds the island was left abandon. Still chained up in one of the rafts, Kai watched as the nest's inhabitants fled. He tried to call out to his once friends but thanks to all the chaos and the gag he couldn't make much noise so hardly anyone gave him a glance, and he rested his head on his knees in defeat before realizing that not everyone had left.

Ed watched the last of the dragonbloods fly away in confusion.

"Well, that was disappointing, but... WE'VE WON!" He laughed as people cheered and started to party, but Cliff knew wiser. Looking towards the ships he saw the Fire Dragonblood trying to break out of his bounds, terror clear on his tanned face.

"This isn't over, form your ranks and stay together!" He ordered, causing everyone to panic and ran back into small disorganized teams, and Cliff raised an eyebrow as a pebble hit his head. Looking up he saw the whole mountain shake. On the third jump, the top fell apart and a large head, followed by a monstrous body and tail emerged from the ruins. Four small red eyes viewed their surroundings from their thin sockets. A hooked nose rested below, but it was the normal mouth below that took all the attention.