The Final Battle

The chains dragged them down like a stone, the water dark, and Jay could only make out Kai's shadow. It was only luck he had been clinging to the padlock when they fell or else he would have never found it. Jay was already struggling for air. Kai mentally screamed at him to go but he couldn't abandon him like that. Soon enough the brunette would run out of air too. Jay's mind started to cloud, the lock he had been focusing on a second ago becoming a blur of greys and silver.

When he was mere moments from losing consciousness two arms dragged him back to the surface.

Jay gasped for air and felt himself being pushed back onto shore as the figure dove back underwater, and someone else helped him up.

"Jay!" Someone cries as he coughed, running salt out of his eyes to see Cliff above him, looking ready to cry.

"Dad?" He croaked when something suddenly jumped out of the water and Kai was thrown onto the freckled teen, gasping for air himself. "Kai are you alright!"

"Fine." He groaned weakly. Unfortunately, the brunette only had seconds to catch his breath before a tan female suddenly grabbed him by the collar and threw him into a bounder. Cliff and Jay wincing as the stone behind him cracked under the pressure. Judging by how similar they both looked Jay figured that this was Kai's sister, Nya, a Water Dragonblood. She had long black hair kept in a ponytail, pale pink lipstick, small dimples on her cheeks with dark brown eyes.

She also had a small beauty mark on her right cheek.

She was wearing a small, black leather jacket over a white shirt with lots of dark blue stripes and dark blue, torn-up jeans.

"KAI YOU IDIOT WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN FOR THE PAST I DON'T KNOW, TWO WEEKS!" She shrieked as her brother inhaled sharply, his arrogance somehow unwounded.

"Busy." He replied as she let him go and Kai stopped gasping but started laughing.

"Don't do that to me again." She snarled, but the relieved look on her face betrayed her true feelings. Cliff narrowly dodged a large sheet of metal being thrown through the air.

"I understand this must be very hard for the both of you, but now is not the time for reunions." He snapped, but Kai kept laughing and Nya hugged him. The brunette pretending to be embarrassed, even though Jay knew he wanted to hug the other back. If they survive this Jay was going to teach Kai to forget his pride. Nya whispered something to Kai and his eyes widened, muttering something back as Nya handed him a small, worn bag. A loud explosion nearby brought them back to reality and Jay saw Zane and Pixel had recovered and were helping Cole and Rocky.

Kai ran over, shouting orders at Jay.

The ginger-haired teen went to catch up with him but Cliff put a hand on his son's shoulder.

"Jay you don't have to do this." He said and his son grinned, letting him know it was alright.

"We're warriors from Ninjago; we have trouble dealing with defeat."

"Your mother would be so proud of you, and I'm proud to call you my son."

"Thank you, Dad."

"JAY! MOVE YOUR BUTT!" Kai screamed as loudly as he could. Sprinting over to him, Jay went to grab one of the many discarded weapons, but the Fire Dragonblood stopped him.

"Today we use these." He insisted before he suddenly transformed and Jay hooked up to the saddle and they took off. As soon as they were in the air, Jay reached into the bag and his eyes widened when he saw the weapon inside. It was a pair of nunchucks made of gold and forged in the shape of a dragon's head. Held together by a bolt of lightning, Jay could feel these Nunchucks were pure energy. Fast and powerful, they lightning struck first, and thunder boomed after.