006

He loves me?

No stupid he only said that because we're in a pandemic.

But would he say it if he didn't mean it?

Of course, he's only saying it because things are so bad in the world, he didn't really mean to say it.

Maybe he did...

What if he did?

I think I love him but what if he's just saying it because we're in a pandemic.

Maybe you should ask him

Why would I do that?

So you can know for sure that he means it before you out and break your own heart again Aurora

"Ugh" she let out audibly as her thoughts raced after that last phone call with Evan.

They had been dating for some time now but nothing was official.

Flashback

"You know you don't have to leave your family to spend Christmas with me." She spoke as she kept hanging her ornaments on the tree.

"I want to spend it with you, besides we all have to work today even though it's Christmas." he spoke as he helped her unpack the new ornaments they had bought.

"Exactly you have to work so for the most part I'll be alone anyways" she tried to move past the Christmas talk.

"I like being here with you" he spoke honestly as she twirled around the tree wrapping the tinsel around it.

"Well I like you being here too Evan"

"And I love the way you don't call me Buck like everyone else"

"Evan, are you okay?" she lifted from her squatting position and looked up at him as he placed the topper on the tree.

"Yeah I'm just in the Christmas spirit and I want you to know how I feel about you..." he trailed off as she spun back around to look at him.

"What do you mean?" she asked and then mentally face palmed because of course she knew what he meant

"Aurora" he spoke softly walking up to her and placing his hand on her cheek "I'm sure it's obvious I have feelings for you..."

Silence.

"Why" is all that came out of her mouth

"What do you mean why? Look at you, you're gorgeous, smart, and just everything if that makes any sense"

"Evan..."

"I know, I know we've only known each other for a little bit but I really like you and it's getting harder to keep my feelings to myself or to Eddie"

"Eddie knows?" she giggled

"He's my best friend besides you so yeah I had to tell someone and I obviously couldn't tell you until now" he shrugged

"Well Evan, I like you too."

She shook herself out of her thoughts as she continued her shift.