Chapter 12: How to Create Your Own Circus (Instructions Not Included) (Part 2)

I am publishing this part today because I doubt that I'll be able to publish it tomorrow so... here it goes. Enjoy!
  _____________________________________________________________

  Five days later, and we have everything ready. We haven’t had any encounters with the Hybrids, which is weird, but relaxing. It’s already the 8th of November, and the show is supposed to be this Wednesday, which would be exactly in two days. 

  “You guys ready to give it another shot?” I shout at everyone.
  We have already handed out bulletins and pasted posters in every possible place. They all say the same thing:

  Don’t Miss Us This Wednesday 10th of November!
  Presenting the Acclaimed “World of Magic” Circus Show!
  A Night So Full of Magic That It Will Blow You Away!
  7 PM - 10 PM

  And below that, a picture of everyone laughing and enjoying the show and simply smiling whole-heartedly.
  It looks perfect and enticing. It makes me want to buy a ticket and watch the show. But of course, I’ll be watching it behind the curtain, since I myself have a few things to do onstage. We have decided to practice onstage this time. This way, we can know perfectly where to move and how to do what we have been practicing for so long.
  Everything seems to go perfectly fine. The hours pass by as we train and train.

  Only one day left for the show. We have decided to relax for tomorrow, since we don’t want to overdo it all, because sometimes that may ruin the fun of it all.
  It still feels incredible to be able to fly. And it still feels new and awesome. I simply love it.
  I can notice that everyone else is enjoying the fact that they can show themselves by what they are even for one night.
  We get to be what we truly are! some of them shouted.
  Finally we will be appreciated by what we are, others said.
  Hope it all goes well, all of us said.
  We all are comfortable enough onstage, and Maia uses her powers to create a fake public, which, she says, “Will help us prepare for what’s to come!”
  Nobody says the contrary, since we know that it might help. Of course, we will feel a bit unsteady tomorrow, when real people will be watching us use our powers.
  I just hope there are no Corporeal Hybrids to spoil the fun tomorrow, I tell myself as every hour passes and the day comes to an end.

  I wake up at 6 AM, my body and mind wide awake. I’m terribly anxious for tonight’s show, but there’s nothing I can do to calm myself down. I decide to take some fresh air. We’ve been sleeping inside another tent –Barry created this one as well. It’s kind of a moving tent house. It’s got about forty beds –enough to house us all- and furniture.
  We have to buy our food though, or at least we had, until Barry came up. Apparently, he can also create food that actually tastes like food and fills you up. I know it sounds weird, but it isn’t that weird once you try it.
  But isn’t it like eating nothing? You might be asking. And I’ll say, Well, not really. It is imaginary food, but it still has a certain consistency and it looks real. It even tastes real.
  I walk around our circus field. I can see figures walking around the place, probably feeling as anxious and nervous as I am.
  Think I’ll have a flight.
  I jump and slowly ascend. Up, up, I go, slowly reaching the clouds. I can feel the lack of air, but I don’t care.
  It’s not like you are able to breathe well on the ground, anyway, I tell myself.
 I start flying sideways, gazing down at the circus field. Far away, I notice a familiar figure peeking out from under a tree.
  I fly down and silently land behind the figure.
  “What are you doing here?” I ask.
  “Just checking on you guys,” Penelope tells me.
  “Why did you leave?” I ask.
  “I had some business to attend,” she replies.
  “Did you, really?” I inquire.
  “Yes, I did.”
  “Why are you checking on us, though?”
  “When I got my memories back, I remembered what had happened to me,” she says.
  “What happened to you, then?” I ask.
  “I was taken by the Corporeal Hybrids, back then. They didn’t know about my powers, just that I was an Outsider. They didn’t find me threatening, and so they decided to block every memory of mine. Yet somehow, I remembered your cousin.”
  “You mean Grindelwald?”
  “Yes, Grindel. I don’t know why, but I think I was sent to look for him.”
  “Sent to look for him? What for?”
  “I don’t know. I haven’t remembered everything. Just the important pieces.”
  “Then why do you check on us?” I inquire.
  “Because I thought that by looking at you, I would be able to remember,” she answers.
  “And has it worked?” I ask.
  “Not really,” she admits.
  “Then stay and watch the show. I’ll buy you a ticket,” I offer.
  “If that helps me remember, then I guess I will,” she replies.
  “Great. Come back in exactly twelve hours,” I tell her.
  She nods and turns around to leave.
  “And Penelope,” I say, taking her hand to stop her from leaving before I can tell her. “If you ever decide to stay with us Outsiders, I am letting you know that this is your home if you want it to be. We take care of one another, and we hope that you become one of us soon.”
  She smiles and looks at me. “Thanks for the offer, but I already have my own pack of Outsiders.”
  And then, she turns around and leaves for now. I can see far away that someone is waiting for her. It looks like a man, and his figure seems somehow familiar. It’s as if I had just been struck by lightning. I have the name of him in the tip of my tongue, but I can’t quite grasp it. He seems to have a weird resemblance to Grindel, but I can’t recognize him perfectly, since it’s still a bit dark.
  He ruffles Penelope’s hair as if he was an old friend of hers, and then they both simply disappear.
  So that’s how Penelope got here. She teleported with that guy.
  I rise from the ground and fly around the city a few times. Everything looks tiny from high up here, but it’s a beautiful and simple view.