Chapter 11: Prisoners (Part 1)

I am here to announce two things.
  First, I will be dividing my chapters into parts whenever the chapter is longer than eight pages, because that way it's easier to read. 
  And second, I dedicate this chapter to one of my faithful followers: Isalina123. I also want to congratulate her for her birthday! Happy birthday! Hope you have a good time! 
  And now, enjoy this chapter.

_______________________________________________________________________

Chapter 11: Prisoners

  I hear footsteps heading my way. I don’t care if it’s the Corporeal Hybrids or if it’s someone else. All I know is that the world and everything in it is dump. I just want to die.
  Someone touches my shoulder.
  “Leave me alone,” I murmur.
  That someone keeps touching my shoulder, calling my attention.
  “I said, leave me alone,” I repeat.
  “John, you okay?” I hear a familiar voice tell me.
  “Hansel? Is it you?” I whisper.
  “Yes, it’s me,” Hansel answers.
  “And us too,” another voice joins.
   I turn around and see all my friends standing there, Grindel, Louise, and Orson standing away on the other end.
  I stand up and hug them all. I feel tears escaping my eyes, but I can’t feel any pain or anything, just a death wish of my own. I feel personally guilty for my parents’ death.
  “Guys, I...” I try to continue, but a knot forms in my throat, disabling me from talking.
  “It’s okay, don’t worry,” Maia tells me.
  “My parents... they’re gone,” I say, releasing my friends and holding on tightly to Maia now.
  “I’m sorry,” Maia responds, hugging me back.
  I release Maia and wipe tears from my face. I stare at my friends for a while, and I remember my parents.
  The same rage that had attacked me is swimming inside me. I feel my sight turn blue rapidly, and then it turns off as quickly as it came.
  “John, your eyes,” Ken mutters.
  “What happened with them?” I ask.
  “They turned... blue,” Annabelle replies.
  “They did?” I inquire.
  “Yes, they did. Completely blue, no whites,” Diane clarifies.
  “Well, that’s weird,” I whisper.
  Orson comes toward us, leaving Grindel and Louise talking on the back.
  “We saw how you killed the Hybrid,” Orson bursts out.
  “You did? Great. So you must have seen me turn mad,” I respond.
  “Actually, you were glowing,” Orson says.
  “Glowing?” I noticed my gaze turn blue, but I never would’ve thought that I was actually glowing blue.
  “Yes. A powerful and intense blue,” Grindel responds, walking toward us with Louise at his side.
  “I wonder why...” I mutter.
  “I have heard of cases in which power flows so strongly that an aura appears around that person, but I hadn’t actually seen it. Must’ve been a great deal of power you were handling, John. Even for a Berserker, that is hard to accomplish,” Louise adds to the conversation.
  I remember my parents and feel guilty for having forgotten them if only for a few minutes. I turn around and look at my parents’ bodies; the Hybrid’s dead body tossed aside.
  “Can we leave now?” I request.
  “Sure,” Grindel assures me.
  “Now, what happened here?” Orson asks.
  “We were attacked by a Hybrid,” I reply, a bit down.
  “We? Who we?” Orson asks.
  I turn around to point at my parents’, but their bodies aren’t there anymore.
  What just happened?

“But they were there a couple of minutes ago!” I exclaim.
  “There wasn’t anybody, John. Just you and the Hybrid,” Grindel answers, a bit worried.
  I turn around and only see the Hybrid; its body slumped down on the concrete, dead.
  But my parents were there just minutes ago.

  My friends go back to their houses after this. Louise, Orson, Grindel and I are left inside the car. I try to think of ways that my parents could’ve disappeared that way. But there’s no possible manner.
  “How exactly did you find me?” I ask, having forgotten to ask earlier but remembering to ask now.
  “There’s Lila back with us. She’s a Hound. At least, that’s what their kind are called. They can sense someone’s location by touching something that belongs to that person,” Grindel informs me, his British accent ever present.
  “Where are you living now that the Safe House was raided?” I ask innocently.
  “In an abandoned apartment near the woods. It is only accessible to Outsiders,” Grindel informs.
  “Oh, nice...” I mutter.
  Silence invades the car for a moment.
  “We are we heading?” I inquire, breaking the silence.
  “To the apartment,” Orson replies, a smile breaking upon his face.
  “So, have you decided on a name for it?” I ask.
  “Not really. Not now,” Grindel answers.
  “You probably should,” I advise.
  “Yeah, probably,” Grindel mutters unconsciously.
  We drive silently for a while, and then Orson cranks up the music, connecting his phone to the car’s radio. BABYMETAL blasts off with Megitsune, my favorite song from them. BABYMETAL is a Japanese kawaii metal band, which is a combination between Japanese Pop and Metal.
  My head moves along with the rhythm. Songs pass by as we near the new Outsider house. And then...
  “SWERVE!” I shout, mentally making the car swerve with my powers. Grindel quickly presses the brake and then shuts down the car. We get out of it, and walk to what made us stop so quickly.
  A small, delicate figure lies on the pavement. It is a miracle no car has crushed the figure. Its brown hair and light olive skin shinning.
  It’s a girl.